training

Dantson POV

My heart kept beating faster and faster. In the destroy ending of mass effect 3, the is a ten second scene the shows Shepard is alive, and I am living it right now and beyond. Shepard opens his eyes as he gasped for air. not knowing where he is. He starts breathing faster as he looks down at himself, then slows as he looks directly at me. I am speechless. Shepard saw me as an Alliance soldier, so I have to play the part.

Dantson: Commander Shepard. My name is Lieutenant Dantson Slater. My squad was sent here to find... well, your body. But it seems we have found much more, haven't we.

Shepard starts to relax as he lays his head back down. His breathing slows as he gazed at the night sky. His armor was bloodied, and scarred, same for his face.

Shepard: What happened, Lieutenant... to the reapers?

Dantson: Well, you did it, commander. We won. The reapers are dead, and we've already started rebuilding here on Earth.

Shepherd closes his eyes as a smile crosses face. He could finally relax as months of bringing the galaxy together had finally paid off. Suddenly, I feel the presence of five individuals approaching me. Soon, Alliance soldiers arrive, no doubt they were my squad. They all focus their attention on Shepard.

Deadpool: you look like you were thrown into a fire and beaten... with knives.

Shepard didn't comment, he just relaxed. 5's kneels down at Shepard, getting a good look at his injuries. He then stands up, and faces me.

Arc 5555: Sir, his wound look serious. He may be bleeding Internally, we may need to-

Dantson: Not an option, 5's. There may already be a search party looking for at least his body. See of you can stabilize.

5's nods, and off his backpack as I walk out of the rubble and onto solid land. I sit down, crisscrossed, and meditate.

*scene change*

Master Chief, as well as the rest of Blue team, gathered the red's and blue's into the Training room. Cortana was plugged into the control room above waiting for Blue team to give orders. Everyone had their weapons.

Fred: Alright, first, know your enemy.

An Elite, Grunt, Jackal, engineer, and hunter virtually appear in front of them.

Grif: can't help but notice that this all seems oddly familiar

Kelly: in what way?

Simmons: at our old bas in Valhalla, we had a virtual room where we could spawn about anyone and anything. It also enhanced equipment.

Lynda: well, this one is more advanced, we assure you.

Fred: Back to it! *clears throat* Grunts are the most common enemies in the covenant, also the weakest. They act as front line human shields for mostly the Elites. These are the most fierce, and the smartest of the Covenant. She have shields just like Spartans, which makes them even more dangerous.

Sarg: seems like a shotgun to the face would solve that problem easily.

Kelly: for the Grunts and Elites, yes. Then there's the jackals, and hunters.

Lynda: Jackals have their own personal shield. If you shoot their firing hand, they're almost useless.

Fred: Now, the hunters, they're the biggest, and toughest of the Covenant. Almost completely covered in armor, and their only weak point is their back, and their neck-

Lynda: hold on Fred. You, the Turquoise one.

Tucker: my name is Tucker

Lynda: yeah, you. How the hell did you get that covenant energy sword?

The rest of blue team focus their attention to the sword hilt on tucker's person.

Fred: yeah... now that you mention it...

Tucker: I just found it.

Kelly: you... found it?

Tucker: well, it's like this. I fell in a hole, picked it up, and now it's bound to me. It won't work for anyone else.

Chief: I've used multiple swords in my time against the covenant and they always work for more than one person.

Tucker: maybe because it was built by the ancients.

Fred: The ancient Sangheili?

Tucker: I think that's what the AI on Chorus called them. Doyle has one two, and it won't work for anyone else except for him. If he dies, however. Whoever picks the sword up is now bound to that person.

Chief: we can continue this conversation later.

Fred: right. We would like to see how all you're aiming is. Everyone, take three steps back and shoot the targets.

Sarge: a "step" isn't an exact measurement

Grif: not again.

Caboose: we're net in a mine field, are we?

Fred: just take three steps back.

Sarge: My shotgun doesn't have very good range, buddy.

Kelly: then use this.

Kelly tosses Sarge a pistol. The reds and blues take three steps back, aim their rifles and shoot the targets. Grif and Simmons both hit the grunt, Sarge uses his pistol and hits the Elite, Donut hits the Jackal's shield, and the bullets bounce off. Tucker hits the Hunter in the chest, and all the holographic targets fall down dying, then holographically appear back up standing. But when Caboose pulls the trigger on his rifle, confetti and party noises comes out. Blue team stares in confusion.

Tucker: we did that so he stops team killing.

Lynda: so what makes the gun fire?

Tucker: hay freckles, shoot the aliens in front of us.

Rifle: *zzz* acquiring targets *zzz*

The gun then shoots all the targets in the head, and downs them. Blue teams is stunned as they just witnessed a gun with an AI.

Fred: I think we're done with target practice...

*scene change*

Deadpool kept to the high ground searching for vehicles with a pair of Rangefinder 5's lended him, Arcee, and Tigress also kept a lookout for anything, and anyone. 5's tended to Shepherds wounds, while maul helped as best he could. Grabbing medicine from the backpack, and other means of help. Shepard had eventually fallen asleep from the sedatives.

Ark 5555: so Maul, how's life with the Jedi compared to the Sith?

Maul was at first inclined to stay silent. But, there was nothing else to do.

Maul: well, for starters: the food is better.

5's chuckles at that statement.

Maul: but in all seriousness. I did not expect the Jedi to be so open to me.

Arc 5555: not that surprising to me. Me, Rex, Cody and some other Arc troopers and captains, as well as a few Jedi were part of the team to arrest Palpatine.

Maul was very intrigued to know how that went.

Maul: really? What happened?

Arc 5555: Look, I'm not much for stories. But for you, I'll make an exception.

5's finishes wrapping Shepard's arm in bandages, and places a bacta patch on his head. He stands ep, and walks to a giant rock he can sit on. All while recollecting the memories of the arrest.

Arc 5555: I was on Coruscant with the rest of the 501st when Rex called me on my com channel...

*story featured in next chapter*