Memories

*flashback*

*Arc 5555 pov*

The hunt for Ahsoka was finally over, and thank goodness she was found innocent, I had fought alongside her for more than one occasion, but Rex... I can only imagine how he felt during all that. I needed to blow off some steam, relax for a bit. I overhead some troopers talk about a cantina made for clones called: "79's" I got I got out of my armor, took my uniform, and grabbed a Taxi.

An hour passes before the cab pulls up to a building with a holographic "79" floating above it. I pay the Taxi driver, and exit the cab. I see troopers in similar uniforms, most of them were drunk, I could smell it on the. I enter the bar, and sit at the front table. The bartender approached me, waiting for me to order

Arc 5555: Corellian brandy

He nods, and walks off. I was alone with my thoughts. Some clones were sitting with female Twi'leks, others were watching pod racers.

Clone: this seat taken?

I turn around to see red standing behind me. He was in the same grey uniform as me, but he had his hat on. I gesture for him to sit. As he does, the bartender walks back over to me with a bottle of Corellian brandy, and a shot glass. He looks to Rex for his order.

Rex: I'll have what he's having.

He points to me as the bartender grabs a shot glass from under the counter, then leaves to serve others. Rex fills his glass, as well as mine, and raises his drink above his head.

Rex: here's to Ahsoka's innocence, and everyone who backed her.

I take my drink above my head, and we take a shot from our glasses. My through the burns for half a second, then the feeling fades.

Arc 5555: have you talked to her yet?

Rex: no, not yet, but I plan to after this.

Arc 5555: in that case, I should keep this bottle away from you.

Me and Red chuckle, I was trying to lighten the mood a bit since I could tell Rex was down in the dumps.

Arc 5555: in all seriousness, I'm happy for her.

Rex: me too. But Barris... how could she?

Arc 5555: this war brings out the worst in people, even Jedi. Just shows there more human then people say.

I take another shot.

Rex: it just... doesn't make sense, they've been friends since the second battle of Geonosis.

Arc 5555: which made it even less likely for people to suspect her.

Rex: yeah, I guess.

He takes a shot from his glass. I could see in his eyes that there was something on his mind. That, or the drink was finally kicking in.

Arc 5555: you ok?

He stared into the void for a few more seconds before answering.

Rex: 5's, I need to get this off my chest.

Arc 5555: ok...

Rex: *deep breath* when I was on Saleucami, hunting for Grievous, I met a clone deserter named Cut Lawquane. He told me that during the first battle of Geonosis, his transport was shot down, and he was the only survivor. He left the army, and started a family with a farmer named Suu. He currently has two kids, and is living happily with them.

A deserted clone? I've heard about it happening before, but they were only rumors.

Arc 5555: and...?

Rex: and back on Umbara, you said "this war is gonna end. "And I responded "we're soldiers, what happens to us then."

That question filled my head faster than the gungan city being flooded with water. However, I never got the chance to answer. A squad of Coruscant guards entered the bar, and approached us.

Guard: general Windu is requesting to see both of you in the Jedi Temple war room.

*Time skip*

Rex and I had donned our armor, and headed towards the Jedi war room. Upon entering, General Windu, Skywalker, Kenobi. As well a Cody, and... two children keeping their distance. The short one seemed almost terrified. But the girl couldn't stop bouncing.

Skywalker: 5's, Rex, we were just about to start.

Rex and I approached the Jedi, and join the meeting.

Windu: everyone. The two children are known as Ralph, and Miko. Skywalker bright them here because he says they have some "very disturbing information."

Ralph and Miko approach us. The girl I assume was Miko was really excited.

Miko: First, let me say this is THE BEST day of my life.

The boy I assume is Ralph elbow Ed Miko telling her to stop.

Miko: right. *Deal breath* Your Chancellor is a Sith Lord.

The room is suddenly silent as everyone's faces was struck with fear, and sudden shock. Skywalker was shaking his head in disbelief, even though he had already heard this story.

Ralph: way to drop a bomb, Miko.

Windu: explain.

Miko: well, Papie AKA Darth Sides, is a Sith Lord who trained under Darth Plagueis. He also is in charge of the CIS.

We all exchange looks, thinking the exact same thing.

Windu: we will gather Jedi masters and arrest him.

Ralph almost panicked at what Windu said. He quickly calmed himself before he said anything.

Ralph: why not use order 65? Have the clones arrest him.

Kenobi: We would if we could. The Chancellor has done nothing wrong, so the Senate wouldn't even vote for the order to pass. Also, he has control over both the Senate, and the courts. They would just release him. No, the Jedi must deal with him, since it is our job to bring down the Sith.

Skywalker: but that doesn't mean we can't have clone assistance. Rex, grab the best of the 501st, and hop on a gunship to the Chancellor's office, We'll meet you there.

*Present time*

Arc 5555: and then, we got on a gunship, and arrested him.

Maul: just like that?

I could tell he wasn't convinced. But when I even think about what happened... I still have nightmares. Luckily, the in the corner of my visor, I saw a light getting closer, and the sound of an engine getting louder. I look to where the general was meditating to inform him, but he's gone. The rest of the team gathers around the area I'm at as we all try to figure out if it's friend or foe.

Dantson: It's friend. Don't worry Deadpool, you can put away your weapons.

Everyone including me turn to see Deadpool grown as we sheathes his swords behind his back. We turn back around and see the vehicle approach, then stop. It almost looks like an AT-TE, but it had wheels, and the gun had two canons, and was on the wrong end. a small door on the side opens, and come three humans, four strange aliens, and a female robot.