To Start a War

The rest of Shepard's team walked through. Following last was Miranda, Liara, Javik, and 5s. They were slowly and carefully strolling Shepard on a stretcher with wheels to the medical area, 5s led the way.

Out of the corner of his eye, Dantson saw what appeared to be the red's and blues of Project Freelancer jogging across the area. What was strange was Grif was actually keeping up. And blue team was fallowing. When Dantson turned back around, Tigress was leading everyone to another building.

Suddenly, a giant portal, roughly 45 meters away from the base, opens in the night sky. And the Normandy SR2 flies through, landing outside the base, rather than near the hangers. Dantson rushed over to them as fast as he could, hoping he would be there before the door opened. Luckily, he got there just in time. Femshep, followed by Arcee, and Joker.

Joker: So, was I the only one who felt my bones vibrate?

Arcee: you get used to it.

Jane: where is he?

Dantson: Miranda and Liara led him to the med bay. In the meantime, Arcee can show you where you'll be staying, and-

Jane: If it's all the same to you, I'll see my brother, first.

Dantson: *mermer* nice Renegade interrupt.

Jane: what?

Dantson: Nothing!

They both stare for a good 30 seconds of silence while Jane crossed her arms and Dantson rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. In all truth, Jane heard what he said.

Arcee: I'll take you to medical area.

Jane nods. The four of them make there just outside the med-bay until they were stopped by a marine wearing a white and Grey jacket, with white pants. He quickly solutes.

Marine: sir, we intercepted a transmission from the enemy. It's related to your family.

Dantson: I'll take it in my quarters.

Marine: with all due respect, sir, it would be more efficient to hear it in the war room.

Dantson: very well.

The Marine again solutes, and takes off the direction he came. Dantson quickly heads in the same direction, leaving the others out to dry. Arcee soon follows Dantson as Jane and Joker enter the medical area.

Inside the Medical wing wasn't as busy as one would expect. However, all the patients were critically injured. There were people in Bacta tanks, others were being prepped for surgery. And there were those who body casts, waiting for an open Bacta tank. Jane and Joker walked down Corridor after corridor until the found the room Shepard was in. Liara and Miranda were sitting in a chair in the corner, while hovering over Shepard was a strange, feminine like alien, scanning him with a thick Datapad. When she was done scanning, she started pushing buttons on it. Jane nocks on the wall, and the female alien turns around.

Alien: oh, sorry. I didn't hear you enter. My name's Dr. Sionver Boll.

Jane: Nice to meet you, Doctor. My name is-

Sionver: Jane Shepard, twin sister of my patient here. Accompanying you is Jeff... or do you prefer Joker?

Jeff: as long as you add "Alliance Flight Lieutenant", or my last name, you can call me Jeff.

Sionver: alright, Jeff.

Jane: how's his condition.

The Doctor again starts pushing buttons on the Datapad, then she acts like she just saw a ghost.