Untitled Part 42

The clinic was filled with dozens of injured humans, turian, Asari, etcetera. Nurses and doctors rush to each patient, saving as many people as possible. Among the injured was Commander Shepard. Miranda was called to see the extent of Shepard's injuries. Liara was also there for support with others. She approached Marinda.

Liara: how is he?

After reading the datapad, Miranda sets it said, and looks to Liara with eyes of fear.

Miranda: his implants are gone.

Liara is struck with fear.

Liara: gone?

Marinda: Gone. As in they're not there anymore.

Liara: but... how...

Miranda: his bones are still together, luckily, but barely. if we try to move him, if he even talks, his entire skeleton could fall apart.

Liara finds a nearby chair and sits, almost passing out due to the amount of shock.

Liara: can you fix him?

Miranda: project Lazarus took two years, and four billion credits to complete. With the Illusive man missing, and the research station destroyed, I don't know how to...

Suddenly, Shepard starts to wake up. Liara and Miranda quickly rush to his side. Soon, Shepard opens his eyes.

Miranda: Shepard, listen. You need to stay as still as possible, breath softly, and say nothing. Your implants are gone, and you could literally fall apart.

Needless to say, Shepard didn't do anything except close his eyes, and listened. After a few moments of Miranda thinking of a way to fix Shepard again, Javik walks up to Liara in what seems like a hurry.

Javik: You and the human must come with me, immediately.

Miranda: We can't just leave Shepard unsupervised, his condition is-

Javik: then "I" will stay with the commander. You two need head to the communications room, immediately.

Liara takes one good look at Shepard. She didn't trust anyone but Miranda to watch Shepard in his current condition. Finally, after talking it over in her head for what seemed like an hour, she starts heading towards the communications room, and Miranda soon follows. Javik approaches Shepard's side, and mumbles to himself:

Javik: hang in there, commander...

*scene change*

Everyone had gathered in the com room. Garrus, Tali, Grunt, Wrex, Kaidan, Ashley, EDI, Kasumi, Samara, Jack, Jacob, James, and Zaeed. Liara, and Miranda were the last ones in. Jane Shepard was also in the room... sort of. She was being called via holo. Everyone was asking the same thing: why is there a man in a red suit with blood on his forehead? Dantson, and the rest of his team were also in the room. But, they were still in their holoforms.

Arc 5555: everyone's here sir. Except for Javik.

Marinda: he's watching over Shepard.

Dantson: in that case...

He looks back to his team, and nods. With a turn of the watch, holographically hidden from everyone except the wearers, everyone is revealed. A human-tiger hybrid, a clone arc trooper, a cybertronian, and a 16 year old kid. Everyone else in the room is confused. Some had their arms crossed, waiting for an answer. Others were processing.

Dantson: greetings, crew of the Normandy. My name is Dantson Starkiller, and I am the leader of an advanced army. Me, and my team, have come here to recruit you into our ranks.