The Known Unknown

Tip...tip...tip...

That was all she could hear.

Tip...tip...tip....

She lazily opened an eyes to look at the clock..

2:30 a.m.

She could still hear the faint noise of droplets. It may be water. The ceiling must be leaking again.

The sound continued.She kept tossing and turning on the makeshift bed on the floor. She groaned as she felt a headache coming.

After an hour, sleep was nowhere near her. She got up and decided to eat something instead. As soon as she put her foot down on the floor, she felt something wet.

She turned on the flashlight of her phone and peeked at the floor. A scream escaped her mouth unwillingly at the sight.

Red..

Only red...

Blood..

And then..it was all black.

______________________________________

She saw light faintly after a few seconds. She was on her bed and her father was hugging her, smoothing down her hair.

"You are fine..SSH...nothing happened darling..I am here for you..! Stop crying please! "

Crying??

She unconsciously touched her cheeks to find them wet with tears.

She looked at the floor and found it absolutely clean.

Another nightmare....

She blew a breath she was holding until then and took three deep breaths and said,"I am fine now, papa. You should go and sleep. I will be fine. I'll manage."

She assured him  and herself..

She was fine.

Really..