19

Something bad was going to happen today.

Amayra knew it the moment she saw that it was raining. She hated rain with a passion. From her past experiences, she had already learnt that nothing good comes out of the, at least not for her.

She cursed inwardly, watching the droplets slide on the window glass. She saw two rain drops coming downwards and mentally announced the race between them. She was rooting for the one on her left but to her dismay the one on the right won the race.

The sound of her alarm brought her back to her senses. She quickly turned off the alarm and glanced across the room to see if Maya saw her creepily stare at the window or not. When she saw Maya was sleeping soundly, she breathed a sigh of relief.

She threw the blanket off her and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. After she was done, she quickly changed in her uniform and began to brush her hair. After applying some make up and eyeliner and wearing her white sneakers she picked up her bag and phone and left for her class, unaware of the looming danger already waiting her.

Carter was nervous about today. Although it was a normal school day, it was different. Not for all students, but definitely for Amayra and him. The dance team of Hope Academy was returning today after winning the Inter State Dance Championship, and with them was returning the person who would make Amayra's life a hell.

 The dance team of Hope Academy was returning today after winning the Inter State Dance Championship, and with them was returning the person who would make Amayra's life a hell