03

~Ignorance is never bliss.~

____________________

Maya impatiently tapped her foot on the floor. She came to this cafe 15 minutes ago and still there was no sign of her so called "best friend".

"Another coffee?"

Maya jumped at his voice and starred glaring daggers in his head.

"You are late".

Her best friend simply shrugged and pulled out the chair next to her.

"So, what's up? What is this emergency for which you called me at this time?" He asked as he nonchalantly munched on a cookie.

"I want your help. I want information about someone."

He snorted and said "yeah, right..look if this is another one of your true love that you want me to spy on, then I'm sorry..I can't help you. The last time I did this I nearly ended half dead in a hospital. So..no..thank you very much."

Maya winced at the memory still fresh as ever in her head. Shaking her head remembering the point of this conversation she said, "no..it isn't. This time I want you to find out about a girl."

Axel dropped his cookie and looked at Maya wide eyed and his lips slightly apart and exclaimed, "O MY GOD...are you..are you finally coming out of the closet? When? How? Where? I need details..right now."

Maya shushed him quickly and glanced around to see if any one was listening and much to her relief found the cafe empty.

She gave a pointed look to her best friend and said, "No dumbo, I want you to find about my new roommate. Amayra."

"Really? New roommate? Is she hot? Beautiful? You'll help me get her, right?"

Axel asked with hopeful eyes.He got a deadpanned look from his best friend.
He let out a defeated sigh and asked, "Fine, what do I have to do?"

Maya smiled internally at her best friend and said "Just some basic information, she has enrolled a full month late and seems quite weird, that's all. Just ask your dad or something. He is the Principal after all."

"Alright. But what do I get in return?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Fine, give me the information and I'll introduce you to her."

Maya watched as Axel's eyes instantly lit up.

"Wohoo..this must be pretty important to you..huh??"he mused.

"Well, it was nice talking to you too..it's pretty late and I should get going. Bye..and we will talk when you complete your end of this deal." She said standing up from her chair.

With a cheeky grin and a peck on Axel's cheek, Maya exited the cafe and turned towards her dorm leaving a confused Axel
to muse over Amayra.