27

Amayra was happy after a long time. She even put on her make up today. Carter had called her earlier asking her to meet him at a nearby café to hang out. This 'hangout' thing was new to her. She never had a friend to hangout with. It was the first time after 8 years that someone had deliberately wanted to spend time with her.

Amayra pushed the glass door open and was hit by the delicious smell of coffee. She scanned the café quickly and decided that she liked it. The walls were painted a light grey colour and the floor was tiled white. The dark wooden furniture was a contrast to the light colored walls. It put Amayra at ease for some unknown reason. She stepped forward and saw Carter sitting on the last table at the far end with his head buried in his mobile phone. He glanced up only when she pulled out the chair to sit and gave her a small smile. Upon seeing his face, Amayra's smile shrinks a little. Carter was worried and it worried her. She sat down and said quietly " Hey! You said you wanted to tell me something."

"Yeah..do you want to order something first?"

"No, let's hear you first" She said quietly. She had never seen Carter so nervous. She was afraid that something bad has happened.

" Yes, uh..okay..don't...just don't freak out, okay?" Carter said quickly.

"Okay" Amayra replied in a shaky voice. She was already freaking out. Did they find out about her? Was she in trouble? Were they expelling her already?

"Okay...so our academy conducts a special class for future heirs of top companies to groom them accordingly so that they fit right into their role when they take over their company. This class isn't like our other classes. Only one teacher teaches all the subjects here. The teacher changes every year. The key managerial person of one of the top companies is hired to take these classes on a contractual basis. The admission in this class is not easy either. The board decides the name of students who'll get to attend this class."

"I didn't know about such class. Probably because I don't belong to any of top companies?" Amayra questioned.

"Probably."

"But why are you telling me this?" Amayra was still puzzled.

"You see, I'm also selected to attend that class this year. We have to attend the class with that one person we'd like us to assist when we take over the companies. Since we told Jessica that you were sent to this academy by my father, you've to attend that class with me."Carter finished in one breath.

Amayra sat there looking like she just saw a ghost. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it again. She clasped her palms together tightly and just looked at Carter like he was speaking in a language she didn't know. How can she study with the people she not only hates but fears as well? All of them? They will solve her right away. They will reveal her secrets, break her down just to make sure that she doesn't breaks them.

She looked up to see Carter looking at her with a worried face. She felt bad for putting him in this situation. He was just trying to help her. She gathered all her courage and asked, " Is there any way to get out of this?"

Carter sighed loudly and rubbed his palms on his face tiredly, " No..Either you join the class with me or we tell them that you're not associated with me."

Amayra knew she shouldn't do this but she knew that this was the only way. She was bound to face them one day. Better now than later. Before she could talk herself out of this, she said "Okay..I'll joint the class with you."

"I know..I'm really sorry but I didn't think..wait.....what? You'll join the class?" Carter couldn't bel
ieve his ears. Did she just agree?

"Yes..I'll." Amayra said with a small smile. She knew this was bad. But then, she already knew her habit of making wrong decisions.

*****

Storm was staring ahead into the darkness when he heard the sound of footsteps. He was on the rooftop of girl's dormitory of the said "lower class", the children of those who assisted the businessmen. He liked coming here. It gave a nice view of a well developed garden on one side and a never ending forest on the other.

"Rakshit..I'm in trouble"

Storm didn't recognize that voice. He was sure that he had never heard it. It was a girl. Storm glanced in the direction of the voice but could only see a silhouette in the dark. He watched as that girl sauntered towards the railing and leaned on it, crossing her both arms over it.

"Yes I already know that...but don't you think they'll suspect me more if I refuse now?"

Storm was trying his best to put a face to that voice. He liked her voice. It was neither soft nor harsh. It was a bit deep but he didn't mind. It took every bit of his self control to not turn on the flashlight in his phone and see her face. He didn't want to scare her. He didn't know why, but he wanted to listen to her conversation and so he did. But what he heard next was something that he couldn't imagine in his wildest dreams.

******