09

After finding Amayra's pendant, Axel left the bookstore and called Maya to meet him at the cafe. All the way to the cafe, Axel couldn't help but grin triumphantly. He felt as if he was now one step closer to Amayra. With the pendant resting in his pocket , he could almost feel her. As soon as this realisation sunk in, Axel shook his head repeatedly as if erasing these thoughts.

When Axel reached the cafe he carefully put the locket in the pocket of his laptop bag. He exited his car and strode towards the cafe. Axel pushed the door and standing by the reception, he scanned the entire cafe for Maya. Where is she...??

"Oh..doofus...move aside..!!" the familiar voice coming from behind him caught Axel's attention. There she is.

Maya clearly paid no attention to Axel and moved forward to the nearby empty table. The cafe was small and gave a homey feeling. It smelled of coffee and chocolate. The walls were painted in a light green colour and the ceiling was made of mirror. The furniture here was multi coloured giving the cafe a cool effect . For Maya and Axel , this place held many memories. It was "their spot".

Maya pushed one chair and sat on it. She removed the sling bag from her shoulder and kept it on the table. Axel followed her and grabbed the chair across her.

"So..What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Maya asked impatiently. However, she somehow knew this was about Amayra.

"Well..it's about Amayra." Axel's eyes were still shining.

"Mhm..go ahead. Please don't let my presence make you nervous." Maya replied sarcastically.

"Okay...I asked my dad about her and he knows nothing. He was unable to find out the source behind her admission. "

"What?" Maya shrieked loudly. After a second she realised that she was now indeed the centre of everyone's attraction.

She just ignored the stares of everyone. She stretched her hands across the table and leaned forward towards Axel.

"What are you trying to say?" She asked again , this time her voice much lower than usual and expression much more serious.

Axel sighed, "My dad tried to dig up her background but found nothing about her . He even hired two detectives to find out information about her, but he found nothing. The board is too uptight on her information. They won't tell him about the person behind her. "

Axel watched as Maya opened her mouth to say something but found nothing to say. She kept opening and closing her mouth like a freaking goldfish. Axel opened his mouth to make a witty comment about the situation, but decided against it.

Maya took her time to digest all the information.It was hard for her to believe that Axel's dad was unable to get hold of any information about Amayra. She has been friends with Axel for as long as she can remember. Axel's dad was a fatherly figure to her. She looked upto him. She always believed that no one..no one could enter Hope Academy until he approved. And that was true..true before Amayra came.

Maya was pulled out of her thoughts when Axel spoke with a curious expression " So...I have checked file from those detectives but got nothing relevant about her. You tell me..did you notice something strange about her? something unusual? out of place?" he asked, hopefulness etched on his face.

"Something strange? oh..you don't say..she is THE definition of STRANGE. Everything about her is strange. Her body language...her hair..every freaking thing. She doesn't even look at me. She always keeps her head hung low while talking to me.And even if she looks at me, she avoids eye contact at all cost. And the strangest thing is that she has some weird nightmares every night." Maya replied frustrated at the fact that she knew nothing about her new roommate.

Axel quietly listened to Maya's rant. He kept his face void of all emotions.But his head unwillingly snapped at Maya at the mention of nightmares.

Nightmares...a part of her...

one more step....

"Nightmares? What kind of nightmares?" he asked, unable to hide his curiosity.

"I don't know, okay. She won't tell me. All I know is that she starts crying in her sleep . She doesn't scream, doesn't speak anything...not even a word. She just starts crying . First sobbing and then full on crying and wailing. Yesterday , I threw water on her face to awake her. "

Axel was now more than interested in this mystery girl. With this piece of information , he felt more close to her.

as if I know her....

He again racked his brain for any memory of Amayra, but came up with nothing.

Axel spent the rest of his day holed up in his room. Every second..every minute...every hour..thinking about a particular green eyed girl. when this fact registered in his mind..he was more shocked than surprised. He never pinned on any girl.Even while drifting off to sleep , he had Amayra on his mind.

this is destruction...

she isn't good for me...

Although I met you only today, why is it that I feel a connection with you? A connection so strong...that I can't help it but feel myself attracted towards you.

Just like a lunatic who knows he is going to drown in the depth of the sea but still keeps walking towards it.

Just like a moth to a flame.

Amayra Vice....

WHO ARE YOU..??

??