17

Amayra walked into her room, with a white towel wrapped around her head. She walked towards her side of the room and perched on the edge of her bed. She slowly unwrapped the towel from her head and started drying her hair with the towel, a habit of hers that always got her scolded from Avina.

Avina....

Her heart soared at the thought of that silly kind girl. She was lost in her thoughts when the cool breeze made her shiver. She turned her head towards the window. Amayra's brows scrunched in confusion at the sight of the opened window.

I'm sure I closed the window.......

Amayra kept staring at the window for some time and then the realization dawned on her face. Her face paled at the thought and a knot formed in her stomach. Slowly, the familiar feeling of fear and dread started seeping back.

Someone broke into her room........

And she was in the bathroom the whole time......

Someone broke into her room while she was showering and she didn't even know........

What if they were here to harm her.......

A chill ran down her spine at the thought.

Suddenly remembering something what her father said when she was leaving for the academy, she abruptly turned towards her bed side table, only to find the drawer open. She quickly made her way towards the drawer and knelt down on the floor.A twisted safety pin was lying on the floor. Her once locked drawer was now open and empty as well. The white envelope she kept locked in the drawer was missing. She was frozen to her place for a few seconds. After staring at the empty drawer for a few more minutes, she let out a shaky breath and a sinister smile appeared on her face.

A smile that used to scare the shit out of people......

She chuckled under her breath at the stupidity of the thief that broke into her room. Definitely, he was here to look into her belongings and find some information on her. Since, the drawer was locked, he must have thought that it had something important of hers. So he broke the lock with a safety pin and took the envelope.

What an idiot.....!

Which thief leaves evidences on a silver platter......??

He left the safety pin lying on the floor.......

Left the drawer open......

Left the window open.......

Good thing that her father warned her about such mindless people and instructed her to keep all her important things away from their eyesight. Her father had given her 10 envelopes and asked her to keep them where people can see. He specifically told her not to read any of them. At that time, she didn't understand the purpose of those letters, but now she did. She thanked her father in her mind and smirked.

The person who was trying to solve her was in for a hell lot of surprises.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Keep reading !

❤❤❤❤❤