23

Alex was super excited today. He got up early and came to school to before anyone else and was planning to stay back after school. He simply didn't want to miss out any action.

He knew that Jessica Harris would be back today and an incident concerning Amayra would be inevitable. Axel was quite sure that Amayra would break under the pressure and show some signs of weakness, which he would use to decode her. By far, he was unable to find any whereabouts of her personal life. And then there was that envelope he found from her room.

Soon, the school was filled with students and in no time the first class ended. Axel heard what happened between Storm and Blake in the hallway. It was impossible not to. As much as he wanted to solve mysterious Amayra, he prayed that she'd just keep out of Storm Knight's sight. Axel knew that if Storm got a hold of Amayra, then he'd not only solve her but break her to the point where she wouldn't be able to recognise herself.

The school was buzzing today. Everyone knew that Jessica was back and a new student was still in the academy premises...unharmed. They were anticipating a huge a scene during the lunch break in academy's cafeteria. As soon as the bell rang, everyone rushed to see the drama. Axel too headed towards the cafeteria quickly.

To everyone's disappointment, neither Jessica nor Amayra was in the canteen.

After waiting a few minutes the crowd dispersed. Just then, Axel saw Amayra and Carter entering the cafeteria and heading towards a table at the back. It looked like they're having a serious conversation. He couldn't help but stare as after a few minutes Amayra stood up and waved at Carter before leaving the hall.

Axel didn't like what he just saw. He saw how Amayra smiled at Carter. Hell..he could already see hearts in Carter's eyes. Axel didn't realise that he was crushing the plastic water bottle until he heard it.

Axel slightly shook his head, as if to get rid of those feelings. He concentrated on his breathing for a few seconds to calm himself. When he looked up again, Amayra was already back at her table. She said something to Carter quietly. Axel watched as Carter nodded at her and leaned forwards towards Amayra to say something and then both of them started laughing.

Axel curled his palm into a fist unknowingly. His nostrils flared at the sight and he had to grit his together to stop himself from doing something stupid.

Yes...he was angry. He didn't know why but the sight of Amayra laughing with Carter repulsed him. "Why?" he thought angrily. "Why was she laughing? Why was she happy with HIM?" He stood abruptly and stormed out of the cafeteria.

Axel marched off to his next class and sat on the last bench. He tried to calm himself down and force Amayra out of his mind.

He couldn't do it. The more he tried to get away from her, the more he was fascinated by her. He was still thinking about her when like a light bulb, something flashed in his mind.

He just realised that Carter is the first and probably the only person that Amayra befriended despite the very obvious gap in their financial status. Could it be possible that they knew each other outside the academy? Was Carter Willis responsible for Amayra Vice's admission in the Hope Academy? It makes perfect sense...doesn't it? That's the reason they both are really comfortable around each other. What kind of relationship they could be in? Was she a distant cousin of his? Or may be just a friend or a charity case?

All kind of questions filled Axel's brain. He could barely concentrate during the class. He couldn't believe it. He was so excited in the morning but now he just wanted this day to end. The rest of the day passed without any major event apart from the news that Amayra was to be summoned by Jessica at 4:00 p.m. after school at "their spot".

Soon the school ended, and students started making their way to the parking lot. Most of them lived in the school dorms. A few were allowed to live outside the school premises due to either a privilege or a punishment. The school seemed empty after 15 minutes but Axel knew better.

He went to his car in the parking lot and put his bag inside. He locked the door and turned towards the last building of the school. He took a deep breath and started watowards it.

Let the drama begin..

A/N: Okay...so this chapter is short and not so good and not edited.... I kinda wrote this in a hurry. So, Please feel free to point out the mistakes.

And did you know that yesterday, Indian Supreme court  decriminalised same sex relations . Thanks to the tireless efforts of LGBTQ activists and their lawyers, this milestone is a reality. Congratulations , India!

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Keep reading..!

!