02

~Some secrets never leave us alone.~

_______________________

That feeling of fear, anxiousness and nervousness one experiences when avoiding someone or something and being encountered by the same? Yeah, That fear was evident in Amayra's eyes.

Standing in front of her room and new roommate , she kept her gaze on the floor. She knew she would break if she looked at her.

Mrs. Reeke broke the awkward silence "Maya, dear this is your new roommate, Amayra. She has enrolled late in the academy and it will take a week or two to allot her a permanent room.So , please be nice and help her to get acquainted with academy and others." She said smiling slightly.

Maya kept silent and just nodded with a small smile.

oh...the curtain is for her...

Maya glanced at her new roommate and wondered.

I think I have seen her before. She looks familiar.

But, where?

"Come in, please." She said to Amayra.

Amayra entered the room after her catching a glimpse of Maya's appearance.

Maya was a medium heighted girl with a slender body. Her light brown hair highlighted her sharp features and hazel eyes.

"You must be hungry. I will get something for you." Maya broke the awkward silence and sprinted off the room.

Amayra breathed in relief. She then took a look at room. It was a medium sized room with walls painted in white and floor with ceramic cream tiles. The room was divided in two by a long cream curtain. On both sides, were identical beds, desks and a chair. Maya's side of the room was clean but full of colours.

She then went to her side of room and started adjusting the bed and desk according to her.She can't help but feel nervous about this situation.

Does she recognize her?

No, I don't think so.

She couldn't have.

Does she even remember me?

She mused at her thoughts which only made her more nervous. She has to live in a room with a person she intended to avoid at all cost.

______________________________________

Why are her hands trembling?

Is she ill?

Why doesn't she look at me?

How come she gets enrolled after a month?

Who colours hair like that?

Her eyes are unique...

Standing outside her room, looking at Amayra, Maya can't help it but wonder about this new girl.

I will do something.

There is something about her that is familiar.

But, what?

I will take his help.

She decided and shook her slightly to get rid of those thoughts.

Oblivious to her presence, Amayra kept unpacking, her hands trembling slightly.

Maya entered her room and gave the food to Amayra " Here, that's some pasta and pizza. I hope you don't mind. The kitchen is closed at this time."

Amyara shook her head " No, it's alright. Thanks."

"Oh, don't mention it.um..so how come you have entered our academy after the due date has already passed?"

Amayra nervously looked across the room and answered " Um..actually I have recently moved here." She thinned her lips.

"Oh, okay."

To say Maya was disappointed at her answer would be an understatement. She intended to know more. But now she has to wait for some time, at least till she is comfortable here.

"Alright, you carry on. I have to do some work. But I'll be back soon. Give me your mobile, I'll put my number in it . Call me if you need something."

Amayra merely nodded and gave her cell phone to Maya.

After putting her number in Amayra's cell phone, Maya bid her goodbye and exited the building.

She then called her best friend and probably the only person Who could help her know about Amayra.

"Hello, hey, where are you now? I need totalk to you. It's kind of urgent."