11

A/N: "ahem"...entry of a new character... :*

______________________________________________

The next day Amayra was restless. She woke up at 5 , took a shower and took out her uniform from the closet. The Hope Academy's uniform consisted of a white shirt and grey skirt with a grey tie being optional. She quickly got into her uniform and then tied her hair in a clean fishtail braid. She took out her makeup box and pulled out her black eyeliner and applied a thick line of it on both of her eyes. Once it was dry, she applied black kohl on the waterline of her eyes, making her green eyes look more greener. All in all, her eyes looked dangerous.

She quickly grabbed her bag and cell phone and exited the dorm building. When she opened Academy's route app on her cell phone. she was confused as hell. Her first class was English literature which was in 4th building's 5th block. She decided to start from the main building. She cautiously crossed the park and entered that building . She kept on walking taking turns randomly and was able to reach 2nd building by 6:30. She smiled slightly at her achievement. At this rate she would be able to reach her first class by the time bell rings.

Since Amayra was earlier than others, the hallways were empty and the only sound one could hear was that of her canvas shoes.Amayra didn't complain.

She kept on walking looking across the rooms, trying to remember things she saw and also miserably failing to do so. After walking for a few more minutes , she reached the 4th building. Amayra felt like she has won some world championship.

When she was turning through a corner, she heard a painful groan and stopped dead in her track. She waited there for a few more seconds and herd the same sound again.She contemplated what to do. She could ignore the sound and keep on walking if she didn't want to be late to her class, or she can turn around and check the source of that sound.

What if someone needs my help...

She took a deep breath and turned around. There were only three rooms in that corridor and all of them were locked. the only door that didn't had any lock dangling on it was the door that read JANITORS CLOSET. Amayra slowly walked towards the door and extended her hand to open it. With shaking hands , she slowly pushed the doors.

An unwilling scream escaped her mouth and she backed away from the door covering her eyes.

"shit.." an unfamiliar voice cursed.

Amayra quickly stormed in the other direction. Without a glance at the person running behind her, she kept running clutching the strap of her bag tightly.

" hey....wait..." The unfamiliar voice now sounded much closer. He was chasing her.

Suddenly a hand pulled her backwards by pulling her bag. Amayra stumbled backwards and crashed in something hard. She closed her eyes tightly and tried to calm her breathing. After a second or two she felt two strong hands on her shoulders . She was about to scream when the person holding her shoulders , made her turn around.

Amayra half opened her right eye and then fully opened her both eyes to see if she was seeing right or not. When she opened her eyes, she was expecting an angry looking boy ready to strangle her to death for walking into him when he was half naked. What she didn't expect was a handsome ,attractive...hot... muscular body towering her with a slight smile on his lips and amusement in his bright blue eyes.

His bright blue eyes reminded Amayra of someone else...

When he shook her shoulders slightly , only then Amayra realized that she was staring from the past five minutes or so. Amayra quickly looked away and tried to free herself from his grip. She glanced at his hands that were currently gripping her arms. His grey T shirt was covered in a bit of blood and a small portion of his arm was covered with bandages.Oh...that sound.....The boy in front of her cleared his throat and she realized that she was staring again. She averted her eyes and tries to pry his hands off her.Well...that was easier said than done. His grip on her shoulders was gentle yet strong. Her efforts to free herself made him chuckle.

"You run very fast." He said in his deep voice.

That was not the question Amayra expected.

She kept glancing around, trying to avoid his piercing gaze.The keyword being trying. His eyes were hard to not look at. Not only his eyes, he himself was a splendid sight to her eyes.

"uh...thanks...?" she nervously replied in a low voice, still keeping her eyes on anything but him.

He chuckled loudly at her reply and released her shoulders and muttered something under his breath which faintly sounded like ' you are something else'.

The handsome creature now extended his hand towards her and said "I am Carter Willis. It was definitely interesting meeting you and..uh...sorry about earlier.I am guessing you are new here..or else I would have seen you?"

Amayra felt like she was hypnotized. She reluctantly extended her hand to shook his. "It's alright. My name is Amayra Vice and yeah...I am new here". She was surprised as well as glad that she didn't stammer in front of him. She knew she was taking a risk by talking to him as making friends was strictly off her limits. But she felt helpless when he smiled at her, deepening his dimples.

" Cool...uh...I like your hair." He said, eyeing her braided hair.

Amayra unconsciously touched her hair and smiled at him " Thanks."

"Why are you so early ? Classes don't start till 7." Carter asked her cocking his head slightly.

"Uh..I don't know my way here. So, I thought that it would be better if I come early, you know in case I get lost or something." She replies chuckling awkwardly.

" Oh..its alright..Come on.. I'll help you out. Give me your schedule."

Amayra found herself giving the schedule to Carter.

" Oh ..you are in most of my classes. I guess good for our friendship...huh.."

Carter's words pulled her out of her daze. She didn't come here to make friends. Making friends could cost her life.

She was about to deny his offer when a loud sound of bell resonated through the hallways and the next second she found herself being dragged away by Carter.

___________________________________________

Hey guys...I hope you like this chapter.

Also, I have dedicated this chapter to @Wavykayee. Don't forget to show her some love and check out her book "Nothing Promised".

Let me know what you think about this chapter in comments. and yes....please don't forget to vote.

please don't forget to vote