14

Amayra couldn't comprehend what happened there. She helplessly followed Maya, not knowing where they were going.Soon enough, they reached the end of hallway and Maya swiftly opened the door left to her and pulled Amayra inside the room.

The room was dark and cold. It was evident from the dust and scrap all around that no one entered this room. Confusion etched on Amayra's face as she saw Maya flicking the lights on. When Amayra looked at Maya's face, she froze in her place. Amayra was way too familiar with that look. She herself used to pull it off in front of the ones weaker than her....

those days....

There stood Maya leaning on the wall with her hands crossed in front of her chest. Her face turned upside down in a scowl, nostrils flaring with anger and eyes as cold as the freaking Himalayas. Despite the anger, she looked quite determined. But for what...that was the question constantly running in Amayra's mind as she took note of Maya's clenched jaw and red face. Amayra was now more nervous than confused.

"So...How do you know Carter?" Maya broke the awkward silence. Amayra was shocked by her cold and calm voice. However...she was more surprised by the question that Maya threw her way.

"Uh...I met him today in the hallway. I kind of lost my way this morning and Carter happened to be there at that moment. So, he helped me out." Amayra replied. She didn't know why she lied but the idea of Maya coming near Carter made her uncomfortable.

"Oh...cool!"

Amayra watched as Maya breathed a silent sigh of relief and her features softened a bit.

Just a bit.....

Wait...are they..... related...??

Amayra mentally started calculating the possibilities of Maya and Carter being related. And then internally groaned at her foolishness... Of course they aren't related. Maya don't have any sibling or cousin...Her parents Passed away when she was three...and her only relative as well as guardian... Her aunt....she was unmarried.

But then...what it could be...? Why is Maya so worked up on seeing Amayra and Carter together...?

Amayra was pulled out of her thoughts when Maya spoke " Amayra...just stay away from Carter. He isn't someone you would want to be associated with."

Before Amayra could even process her words and say anything, Maya stormed out of the room, leaving a bewildered Amayra behind.

_____________________

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you all!