05

Axel went home after his little chat with Maya. The whole ride he couldn't help but let his mind wander after one name..AMAYRA.Sitting on his bed he just kept imagining the face behind that name.

In the morning he decided to ask his father about the mystery girl Amayra. When Axel went downstairs for breakfast he found his father dressed in an apron trying to make pancakes. Axel smiled internally at the sight.

"Good morning , dad!" Axel greeted his father.

"Oh, good morning son. So, what's going on?"

"Nothing much..I met Maya last night."

"Really? What did you talk about?" George asked.

"There is a new girl in academy. That too after a month of admissions being over. Her name is Amayra..Maya says she is strange. Doesn't talk much. Do you know her dad?"Axel asked.

Axel watched his father as a look of worry and confusion etched over his face.

George glances at his son and asks "How does Maya know Amayra?"

"She is her new roommate." Axel replied.

"Well..you see..even I don't know how she managed to get admission this late. A few days ago board gave orders to admit her. They wouldn't even tell the source behind her. That is when I got suspicious.I have personally checked her file and got two detectives to perform a background check. But I have got nothing by far." George concluded with a sigh.

Axel was at a loss of words. His father was the Principal of Hope Academy for past 7 years and has never seen a day when he didn't knew about the students being admitted to the academy. It came as a shock to Axel. Then like a bulb over his head an idea struck to him.

"Maybe...um..may be I can find out something about her?" Axel asked his father.

"And how would you do that?" George asked his son his voice laced with amusement.

"Um..uh..Maya promised to introduce me to Amayra. You know..uh..I can just become a friend of her and fetch some information." Axel replied nervously his hand itching to run through his hairs. He knew his habit irritated his father.

"Okay..just..just don't get into trouble..okay?"

Axel was taken aback by his father's approval. He just nodded in response.

"I will give you Amayra's file as well as the report prepared by those detectives. It will help you." With that being said he turned to fetch those files.

Axel could only watch his father as he skimmed through drawers.

After eating breakfast with his father Axel quickly turned upstairs to his room, locked the door and left his thoughts to wander about one name..again.

Amayra...