06

Axel opened the files and read them patiently. At last he got a photo of the mystery girl. The girl with dyed hair and bright green eyes was staring back at him.

Her eyes held a hidden fear and dread. The girl in that photograph was anything but rich. It seemed as if someone held a gunpoint at her head and forced her to get this picture clicked. She was wearing a white top that was not so white paired with plain black leggings. No earrings. No make up. No fake smiles. No emotions. A blank face and fearful eyes.

What intrigued Axel the most were her hair.  Her hair were dyed an unusual shade of purple, blue and violet. Starting from the scalp with colour violet with streaks of purple and turning to a shade of deep blue at the tips. The first thing that came to Axel's mind upon seeing her hair was..who the hell did that..?

Despite his dislike for the colour violet, Axel found her hair a bit of cool as well as irritating. But something about her sent butterflies in his stomach.

He dismissed that thought immediately.

He couldn't help but feel like he has met her before. Axel kept starring at the ceiling and trying to remember any memory of her. For hours he tried to decipher information from the files and reports by detectives.

To say he was unsuccessful would be an understatement.

Holding her photo in his hand he muttered to himself " why the hell you seem fake to me? Your hair, eyes , name , everything seems unreal. "

The only thing that seems real is the dread in your eyes.

Time flew by and it was already evening. Axel decided to take a break and go for a walk.

He put on his favourite brown coat, his black shoes and a grey muffler around his neck. The muffler...her gift. He silently smiled at the memory. Leaving his house, he decided to visit the nearby bookstore.

The name of the bookstore "The Oak" was written in bold letters with red lights. It was Axel's favourite bookstore. Other students preferred the bookstores in city that had a modern touch. THE OAK on the other hand gave a vintage feeling. All of its furniture was deep brown in colour. The grandfather's clock placed near the centre pillar. The light brown shelves were in the shape of branches of a tree. It had an aura of peace and Silence which is why Axel liked the place. Well.. Also because it held some memories of her.

Axel entered the bookstore and the doorbell chimed. He found the bookstore empty. Mandy, the owner must be searching for books he figured. He went to the mystery section and began searching for something interesting. While Axel was reading the prologue of a book, something across the shelf caught his eye.

Something familiar yet strange...

Something blue and violet....

Amayra....

_____________________________________________

A/N:
I have attached a picture of Amayra's hair. That is not the exact type but something similar to what I have described.

But I would suggest that you let your Imagination take the power.

Also, I have dedicated this chapter to  @AngeliseAllen .

Check out her profile and show her some love. Don't forget to check out her book "Of Brights and Shadows"..!

************