26

Storm stared blankly at the weird girl in the photograph in his hand. She looked horrible with her violet hair smacked on her face because of sweat, her chubby cheeks as red as a tomato and lips thinned into a scowl. It was a picture of her running through the corridors of academy while she lost her way to her class. The girl pulled a string at the part of his heart that he claimed to be dead. This girl had miraculously sparked something in him.

When Storm first heard about her admission in the academy, he wasn't bothered but slightly curious. When he saw Amayra helping Blake without a speck of fear, his curiosity increased. But when yesterday he came to know that her connection was Carter Willis aka "the Golden boy" of the academy, he became downright bothered. After all it wasn't everyday that the owner of a multi billionaire company pulls strings in the most prestigious academy of the state just to repay an accountant who did his work for once. The fact that Carter's father own a security service company and Carter himself is one of the agents didn't help.

He never trusted Carter Willis. That guy was too good to be true and not to forget the fact that he was a complete opposite of Storm. While Carter was the perfect obedient child excelling at everything, Storm was the one with family issues and a rebellious streak. People loved Carter; they craved for his company while they prayed to avoid any encounter with Storm at all costs. Storm was in the academy only because his grandmother owned the academy. She passed its inheritance to Storm but since the conditions required him to be at least of 21 years of age, his mother took the opportunity to step in and take controls of the board and Storm didn't like that. He hated that he have to wait for another four years to take what is rightfully his.

Storm was startled when he heard the sound of footsteps. He hurriedly hid Amayra's photograph in a notebook and leaned back on the chair with his head propped behind his head and eyes closed. He already knew who was coming in his room at such an ungodly hour. He took a deep breath to get rid of thoughts of that girl from his head and braced himself for the never ending lecture he was going to receive next.

********

Axel told Maya about the connection between Amayra and Carter. Maya was surprised at first and then mortified. She clearly remembers cornering Amayra and warning her to stay away from Carter.

Ugh...what have I done?

I told the to-be right hand of Carter Willis to stay away from her and not to mention the recent stunt she pulled because of her jealousy. Great...fucking great. Now they would think that I am a psychopath or something.

Maya was pissed with her childish behaviour. She shouldn't have done that. She decided to apologise to Amayra about that incident.

She entered her room and slumped on her bed. She was deciding on sleeping or doing her homework when Amayra walked out of the bathroom. Maya sat up abruptly on her bed an was about to open her mouth when Amayra's phone rang.

Maya watched as Amayra walked to her bed and pulled out her phone from her bag. As soon as she saw the caller's name, a wide smile spread on her face.

"Hey Carter! What? You can't stay away from me?" Amayra's voice filled the dorm room.

As soon as Maya heard Carter's name and Amayra's reaction to his call, all her plans of apologising flew out of the window.

She continued to watch as Amayra talked animatedly to Carter. Jealousy flared inside Maya and her hands balled in fists. She tried to take deep breaths to calm herself down. By the time she controlled herself, Amayra was done with her phone call. She turned and said a cheerful hello to Maya.

Maya replied with a meek hello and suppressed a sudden urge to rearrange Amayra's face. She pretended to complete her homework while Amayra was getting dressed. It was Saturday. Students of Hope Academy were allowed to leave the academy on Saturday but they were to return before Sunday evening. These two days were practically a blessing for them. They had a chance to escape the clutches of academy's drama and relieve all the stress of the week. However, some of the students preferred to confine themselves to their rooms and enjoy the solitude. Amayra was one of them. She didn't leave the academy on weekends since she came to the academy. It was the first time that Maya saw her getting ready to leave the academy and she didn't like it. She didn't have a problem with Amayra going out but the thought of Amayra and Carter laughing together just brought sinful thoughts to her mind.

She continued to watch as Amayra started putting some makeup on her face. Maya was quite surprised when she saw Amayra reaching for her lipstick. In the two weeks that Maya shared the room with Amayra, she never saw her wearing any make up other than her bold eyeliner and black kohl. Maya deduced that she was dressing up. for Carter

The second Amayra left the room; Maya pushed her notebooks away violently. All her papers and pens went flying away clattering on the floor. She barely restrained herself from screaming. With tears streaming down her face, she pulled out her phone from her bag and with shaking hands dialed the number of the person who she knew would help her from doing anything rash.

*********

Axel was lying on his bed lost in his own thoughts when he received a call from Maya. He immediately knew that she was having one of her 'episodes' when he heard her voice. With a few assuring words he ended the call and rushed to leave for the Maya's room.

Earlier today, he told his father about the discovery of Amayra's connection to Carter Willis. His father just looked at him strangely for some time, scoffed loudly and rolled his eyes. He said that the board wouldn't refuse to disclose the connection behind Amayra if it really was Willis Corporation behind her. His point only made Axel's suspicion stronger. Now, he had no other option than to continue his journey towards solving the mystery behind Amayra.

On reaching the school premises,he hurriedly made his way to the back garden to sneak into Maya's room. He could never forget the familiar sight that he saw after such a long time.

 He could never forget the familiar sight that he saw after such a long time