1. The disadvantages of Valentines Day

co-writer: @Fuentabulous, check her out! 
also, watch the trailer on the side, guys.

WARNING: THIS BOOK MAY BE THE CASE OF LAUGHING UNTIL YOUR BELLY HURTS, AND/OR EXTREME SOBBING. WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THIS. YOUNG ONES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.  

---❀✿❁

Pov: Vic.

Valentines Day, the day of nothing but pure love shown for another person. I watched as the large horde of teenagers moved through the hallway, almost all of them holding huge grins on their faces. Some held roses in their hands, while others gave little heart shaped boxes of chocolates to their girlfriends, making them engage in the process of gasping, squealing, and jumping into their arms only to suck faces for approximately five decades.

And then, there was me. Standing, rather awkwardly if I must say so myself, in front of my locker with a pile of workbooks stacked high in my hands, books I had yet to put in my locker. Although just as I was about to, my ears took in the beautiful sounds of laughter, signalling the presence of, who else, but Kellin Quinn.

Kellin was one of those people who could make everyone stop and stare in awe, just by purely stepping into the room. My legs grew weak at the sight of him, black hair combed to perfection, blue eyes observing everything that had come into view. It was almost as if he was walking in slow motion as my dazed mind provoked my eyes into a dreamy stare. But that stare had soon been snapped back into reality when two fingers clicked in front of my face.

"Vic, you're staring. Again." Jenna's face came into focus, her left eyebrow raised slightly higher than the right. I replied with a quiet and embarrassed, "oh, sorry," and watched as a smile stretched upon her lips, with a small rolling of her eyes. She couldn't exactly blame me for staring, though, right? I mean, who wouldn't? If that boy wasn't the true definition of perfect, I don't know what was. 

"Why the hell can't you just go for it already? It is Valentines Day, after all. This is your time to shine!" 

"Are you crazy? Jenna, that is Kellin Quinn. Kellin. Quinn. You know, the most popular guy in school? The one who every guy wants to be and every girl wants to date? The captain of the football team? The ruler of the school? Look at him, Jenna. Then, look at me... I have no chance. Not to mention he's probably as straight as a freakin' highway."

Although, there was that one time I saw him sunbathing by the pool with bright pink Prada shades on.

Jenna showed a somewhat sympathetic look as she patted my back, in attempts to give me some comfort. The bell rang to signal first period, and we watched in silence as everyone disappeared into their classrooms. Jenna and I were the only people in the hallway now, and I could hear her next words clear as crystal.  

"If you never try, you'll never know."

---❀✿❁

goal: 5 votes 2 comments