3. Booooooo Hooooooo

Pov: Vic.

The moment Kellin turned the note over, was the moment my heart dropped. Silence filled the room, and all I wanted to do was crawl into a large hole, and die. At least then I wouldn't have this unbearable lump in the middle of my throat. At least then I wouldn't have to deal with the curious gazes of my classmates as my cheeks illustrated a deep, still-growing blush. At least then I wouldn't be overcome with humiliation each second that went by with Kellin not uttering a single word. He just stared, stared at the name in front of him, astonishment dancing in his eyes. And then, in a flash, the emotion in his eyes changed from one of amazement to one of pure amusement. His lips lifted into an evil smirk as he looked back at me, and I instantly knew what was coming next. 

"I knew you were a fag! Look everyone," He held up the note, and by this time I'd already sunk into a deep hole of embarrassment, "Victor over here wants me to be his Valentine!" 

I don't think I've ever heard the reaction of a class as sudden as this very moments. They were all laughing as if this were possibly one of the most humorous situations they'd ever seen, but quite frankly, I didn't see what was so funny about the humiliation of someone they hardly even knew. I wanted to yell at all of them, to tell them to stop being so malicious, and that each of their hearts were cold enough to freeze a bowl of hot soup, but the simple fact was: I was too shy to do such a thing. Standing up for myself was one of the few things I wouldn't be likely to get a degree in. Maybe that was the reason I always get walked all over, pushed around, because I was simply too timid to defend myself.     

I stood there, the class still laughing, pointing, not caring they were making me feel weak and small to an extreme extent.

"What a fucking fag, man!" A freckle-faced, red-headed jock, one of Kellin's clueless followers, called out among the viciously loud sounds. Nods of agreement from his fellow football players loomed from around his desk.

"Vic, what is wrong with you? Did you really think Kellin would say yes? News flash, homo, he would never go for you, even if you had tits like mine!" A blonde girl who I'd learned held the name Lacey chewed her gum as she spat these harsh words at me, smiling as if she was the funniest person in the world once her fellow whores applauded her. Her breasts were only big because she was currently pregnant...

"Status update: Vic Fuentes was going to ask my boy Kellin to be his Valentine, he is officially the FAG of the school." Kellin's best friend, Matty, said slowly as he typed the words into his phone.

What was the teacher's reaction to all this, you may ask yourself? Oh, he didn't give a shit. He was leaned against his desk, arms crossed, watching this all unfold. Yeah, so much for not tolerating inappropriate behaviour in his class. This probably amused him.

Sobs were building up in my throat and practically begging to escape my mouth, but I couldn't let them, not unless I wanted to be mortified even more. It was a lot of work though, since crying was a difficult thing to stop from happening. So, eventually and unfortunately, with the class still mocking me, I gave up and let the tears fall.            

---❀✿❁
goal: 6 votes 4 comments