33. The [After] Life of the Party

idk why but i love writing in alex's pov holy craaaap
yes this chapter's title is a fall out boy song whatcha gonna dooo 
---❀✿❁

Pov: Alex.

The Annual Beer Bash, Stocksbridge High's biggest party of the entire school year. If you attended the party, you were classified as royalty. If you walked past the party, you were classified as royalty. If you glanced at the party, you were classified as royalty. But if you didn't happen to attend, you were automatically classified as completely out of your mind.

Anyone who's anyone wanted to be at this celebration, because anyone who's anyone knows that if you attend this party, you're going to have the time of your life. With it's ping pong and pool table, and it's  anticipated chances of receiving a make out session while you're there. With it's upbeat music, which blasts through your ear drums and makes you feel like you're going deaf, and how everyone dances together in a perfect sync.

It was confirmed, Stocksbridge High parties harder than any other school in this dull-ass town. Which is why I'm here, obviously. I needed this, I needed to get away from the jock's and into a new atmosphere for a change. I would never admit this out loud, but this school is so much more laid back than ours. No one is homophobic, no one bullies, and quite frankly, I wish Mission Bay was more like this.

I'm sick of having to act like a gay hating jerk, devoting my precious time in making people like Vic Fuentes' lives a living hell. What's so wrong with liking the same fucking sex? It doesn't change who you are as a person, it's not like they deserve any of the hateful remarks they get. You can be homosexual, and still be a good person, I wish my friends could see that... I wish I could have the courage to tell them my opinion.

But, knowing them, they'd only flick me away like I was some sort of lunatic for thinking such things.

 "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Came calls of rhapsodic voices from the backyard. As I was leaned up against the staircase, I looked up from the text I was reading from Jack -- he was going on about the girl he met yesterday at the supermarket, and how she had jugs to die for, typical. -- to see a hoard of teenagers rush past me. Okay, I guess our school's are similar in this sense, but, I mean, which high school doesn't grow enthusiastic about seeing two guys knock eachother's brain's out, or even better, two girls scratch eachother's eyes out. 

Of course, I had to see what was going on out there. 

Although, as I stepped outside into the cool night's air, I was quite shocked when I saw Kellin. What was he doing here? And, more importantly, why was he about to fight Oli Sykes? I must admit, I had to stop myself from laughing at how he was looking up at the lanky Brit like he was about to murder him, hah! Kellin doesn't stand a chance against someone as tall as Oli. But, then again, Oli's arms are kind of flimsy. Maybe, just maybe, Kellin would have a chance.

I neared the duo, joining the large circle crowding around them, and as if this was some sort of entertaining movie, I hit record on my phone and watched the scene unfold in front of my eyes.