Chapter Five

Tomorrow morning, I went to the beach all by myself. Yes, I'm all alone. I decided to swim since it's high tide. By the time the water touched me, the waves came crashing, the sky darkened and lightnings crumbled through the dark sky.

Okay, that was weird. When I got further, my legs didn't even turn into a mermaid tail. Was this some kind of joke? Again, I hit my head on a rock and the last thing I saw was a creature swimming towards me.

I didn't see clearly because I'm not a mermaid at that time. So yes, the world became dark.

After I woke up, I can remember nothing. Nothing at all. I sat up by the bed and I saw myself sitting on a bed made of... Corals and moss? I wondered where I am right now.

I peeked to the nearest window beside me and there were merpeople everywhere. Oh, I'm underwater. Wait, what?

When someone opened the door, I saw a merman. Not just any merman, a handsome one! Then my memories came flooding back again.

"The creature. It's you all along." I murmured.

"I'm sorry, the what?" The merman spoke to me with a calm voice.

"Am I dead? Where am I? I really need to see my parents right now. Wait, I can breathe underwater? Oh no, I must've lost my mind." I said, putting my hands up to me head.

"Hey-- all you need to do is calm down. Okay? Everything's alright." The merman said.

"Calm down? How could I possibly calm down if I'm undrrwater and still can breathe for a long time? What's going on?" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"I told you, everything's alright. Just trust me." And I just stared into his tail.

"Trust you? I don't even know you." I said and I lay down into the queen sized bed.

"Ugh, there's more you need to know." The merman mumbled and he went outside the room. I ignored the merman with the age of myself and stared at an empty space.

"And just so you know, I'm the prince of this palace. You must be thankful cause I saved your life." Then he shut the door, leaving me inside.

------------------

It's been so long since I've updated. Sorry. T.T