Chapter Twelve

"Um, thanks." A guy I like just told me that I'm beautiful. Up there on land, no ine would confess to me that they like me.

Moments later, Blake's mom and dad got home. I'm in a place where the royals live. I'm not even one of them. I'm just an ordinary human changed by a charming prince into a mythical creature. Into a mermaid! That's okay, I wanted to be a mermaid since I was a kid. 

"Hey mom. This is Heather and I saved her life." Whoa. His mom is absolutely beautiful. If she's a human, I bet she'll have dozens of admirers. No gem on her crown can compare to her beauty. She looks so perfect. Good thing we're underwater and they can't see me drooling.

I smiled gently and bowed my head as a sign of respect. Their house, their properties, their everything, looks all perfect to me.

"Heather, do you have a place to sleep?" Blake's dad, the King, asked me. I was about to say something but then Blake interrupted me.

"Um, yeah. I told her she could live here. Is that okay with you?"  Blake said.

"Of course." His mom said. Blake just smiled and we went outside.

"Hey. Heather." I looked at him in response.

"Come, I want to show you something really nice." I followed him and we climbed up a spiral staircase. It's been fifteen minutes since we reached the top. I looked down and it felt like I wanted to throw up.

"No, don't look down. You might vomit." He squinted. I nodded and tucked my piece of hair behind my ear.

"In this part of our palace, you will see the whole Kingdom of the Mermaids. Go on and enjoy the view." I swam around, enjoying every sight.

I could see the salon where the mermaids do their beauty thingies and the restaurant where we ate. I also saw different houses and buildings. They're so colorful like the corals. I didn't know that this place really exist. It's so beautiful in here and I feel like I don't want to leave this place.

Then I sat into the nearest bench and Blake sat beside me. It's already night time and the city light started to glow. My eyes are already sparkling. I left Blake sitting on the bench and I sat at the edge of the building.

It's okay if I fall because I can swim upwards. So, why worry?

I sighed and I felt Blake sat beside me. Why does he always have to follow me? Oh right, he told me that he'll be on my side wherever I go. And he wanted me to stay. So I don't have the right to be mad at him. 

"Blake."

"Yeah?" On the peripheral view, I saw him look at me but I kept my eyes focused on the lovely lights.

"Thanks for saving my life, for giving me all my needs. If you didn't do all that, I'd probably be dead by now. Even for the small things. Thank you." Then he put his hand on top of mine.

"Nah, that's alright. Oh, thank you too." he thanks me? For what? 

"Why are you saying thank you? I didn't do anything." I said.

"I want to thank you for appreciating everything I do for you." I gave him a smile and it became awkward again.

"You know, my dad said if I don't find love for three days, he'll be the one to choose the girl I'm gonna be marrying because he believes that love is just a myth. What if he picked the wrong girl at the wrong time, right?" 

"Yeah, you're right. You're gonna be loving a girl you don't even love." I replied.

Blake moved closer to me.

"I think, I already found one and she's sitting beside me." 

--------------------------------------

Hello again! Please vote :) Voting means so much to me~ Thanks y'all!