Chapter Thirteen

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him and looked straight in his eyes.

"Don't you get it? You're the one I like." I really am screaming inside. This is a miracle for me on land.

"I get it, duh." I rolled my eyes and smiled. I feel so beautiful whenever I am with Blake. I feel like I'm the prettiest mermaid in the whole wide world. Is this real or I'm just dreaming? O___o

I pinched my arms and cheeks. Then Blake became curious.

"What are you doing? You're acting funny." Then he laughed.

"I'm pinching myself so hard, don't you see?"

"Yeah, so?"

"I'm checking if this is a dream or not. I need to wake up." I kept on pinching myself.

"Hey, stop. Don't hurt yourself. I didn't fade away. This is real, Heather. All of it." I stopped and stared at him for a while.

"Yes, you are real. And so are the mermaids!" I screamed so loud and I thought of a prank to play on Levin. Okay, this is the plan: I'll keep on laughing and then I'll pretend to fall on the edge of this building. But if he catches me, that means he really likes me. Game? Okay, this is it.

"Wee! Mermaids are real! It's not a fantasy anymore! Yayyyy!" Then I pretended that I lost my balance and let myself fall.

"Blake, help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Don't you dare watch me as I fall, Blake. He swam fast and he shouted,.

"I'm coming, Heatherrrr!" Right before I hit the floor made of marble, he already caught me in his arms.

"Hey, thanks for saving my life--AGAIN." I always remember to say thank you for everything he does for me to show my appreciation.

"Of course I won't let you die. Why would I?" I blushed. We went inside and headed to my room.

"You know what, I was a mermaid once." I told him.

"Really? How?" 

"Me and my bestfriend swam, I don't know, last week? We were enjoying the cold water that time, but then something pulled us in." I looked at Blake and I think he's listening properly so I continued.

"When I woke up, I was underwater and I can properly breathe. The Queen of the mermaids gave us a blue liquid to drink and she said if we drink it, we're gonna be mermaid forever. She made us believe so we drank it." I smiled.

"What's her name?" He asked.

"Who? My bestfriend? Her name is Jane." 

"No, the Queen." 

"Glimmer. She has a silver tail and they told us that a mermaid with a silver tail is rare." I said. 

"Oh no. You drank the liquid she gave you?" He asked again.

"Yup, all of it. And now, I'm a mermaid forever." I clapped my hands.

"Glimmer is not the Queen of the Mermaids. She is the sea witch. My mother, the Queen here, is the real Queen, not Glimmer." My jaw almost dropped.

"Now what will happen to us? We drank all of the potion she gave us." I asked worriedly. Probably, Glimmer plans on something bad right now.

"Glimmer didn't make you a mermaid forever, she made you as her loyal servants forever!" That's it, I've heard enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! (^u^) No classes tomorrow and I'll update again! :D Hooray for me. If voted, comment your usernames so I can dedicate some chapters to you. That's a promise. :) Don't forget to vote! xx