Highway To Hell

Rajae POV

I was walking around the room packing my clothes. I was supposed to be gone for about a week. Detroit aint that far but Danny said he wanted me to make some deals and thass gon' take a while to process. As I was putting stuff in my suitcase Arii came in with Tiana on her hip.

"Where you going?" She asked.

"Out of town. I'll be gone for about a week."

"For what? When was you gon' tell me?"

"Don't worry about it and I just told you now didn't I?" I said.

She sat Tiana down on the bed and gave her a pacifier.

"Rajae I don't like this."

I kept walking back and forth packing.

"Don't like what."

"The fact that you keep leaving. I'm doing this parenting thing by myself. Last time I cheked, it take two to make a baby. I been raising Tiana on my own and she aint even mine........."

She trailed off. I looked at her with anger in my eyes. It hurt more then ever when I found out Tiana wasn't really mine. Then she bring it up the way she did. Just made it worst.

"Rajae Im sorr-"

"Shut up! You think I asked for this? Huh?! I'm doin' the best I can to take care of my family! I don't see you walking around here with a fuckin' job! You eat, sleep, cry, and nag all damn day and last time I checked that wasn't payin' bills in here!" I yelled.

Her jaw dropped and her eyes teared up. I turned my back to her and folded my jeans.

"I'm out here busting my ass everyday almost dying tryna take care of yo ass and you complain. You don't be complaining when yo ass goin' shoppin, or when you get a new pair of shoes. Get out my face with that shit." I semi mumbled.

She reached down and grabbed Tiana them slowly left the room. I sighed and zipped up my suitcase. After putting my stuff in the car and putting on my shoes I found Arii in the babies room. She had her back towards me and she was silently crying. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I aint mean to yell at you aight? It's just when the money come in, you always givin' me a hard time."

She put Tiana in her crib and turned around to face me. I hugged her.

"I'll be back quicker than you think."

She was just quiet but she hugged me back.

"You gon' hold everything down until I get back?"

She nodded her head. I moved my head back and kissed her.

"I'll call you later." I leaned down and kissed Tiana then left.

*

I been on the road for about 3 hours now and I'm already irritated. It was pitch black on the road except for my head lights.

As I nodded my head to the music I checked my rear view mirrors and noticed head lights in the fade of the night. I aint pay it no attention. Prolly just a passing car. Then the lights got brighter and I noticed it was more them one car. It was 3.

I sped up a little bit and tried to switch lanes but the followed. The first car pulled up on my left, the second on my right, and the last behind me ramming into my bumber. I tried speeding up some more but they kept catching up. I swerved my car to the left bumping the car off the road and making it smash into a sign.

"What the fuck!" I yelled. The car on my right slammed into me making my car swerve but I gained control of the car.

"Fuck!"

I swerved my car to the right and the car did a spiral all the way into a ditch.

It was just me and the last car. It rammed into bumper again making my neck jerk foward. I switched back and forth between lanes trying to dodge the car but he was on my ass. Then I heard gun shots against my car. I rolled my window down staying cautious of the road. Reaching my arm back I fired my round towards the car. I missed the first two but the last one hit the front tire. As the car swerved I shot another and it went through the wind shield. That's when the car lost control and crashed into a tree.

"Damn. Who was them niggas?" I said.

I pulled over into a nearby gas station to fill up my tank when I spotted a officer.

"Shit." I mumbled. 'Just act normal' I thought.

I opened my gas tank and inserted the pump. The officer walked over to me and eye balled my car.

"Accident?" He asked

I nodded without making eye contact.

"Looks pretty bad. You should get that tail light fixed. Wouldn't wanna give you a ticket out here." He smiled and walked off.

"Fuck you." I said under my breath. I just want this day to be over!