Chapter 7

I mean it when I say I love him, and I know he means it too. Hayden picks me up and tosses me into a wave. I break from the water, throwing my head back and laughing. I see Kenzie snap a picture of me and I do a few poses jokingly. She laughs and continues to take the pictures. Hayden runs out into the sparkling sea and grabs my hands as he passes me. Everybody dives in and out of the perfectly formed walls of water and each of us catch a few waves while body surfing. After about half an hour of messing around in the water the sun begins to set so we head up to our fire pit, grab our hoodies and climb up onto a vacant lifeguard tower.

The sunset is beautiful, the sky bursts with colors. Oranges, pinks, yellows, and reds are exploding from the bright sun. I grasp Haydens hand in mine and we sit there, admiring the view.

Annie: It's beautiful, isn't it?

Hayden: Not as beautiful as you, sweet.

Jayden: Too cute!

I laugh at Jayden's comment and as I look her way I notice Macky's hand enclosed in Johnny's. I whisper in Hayden's ear "Jenzie" and he laughs causing JoJo to stare at him with that "what's-so-funny" kind of look and that makes me laugh. Now everyone's staring at us and and they all gave us the same look JoJo did.

Johnny: What is wrong with you two?

Annie:Nothing

Mackenzie: Seriously, what's so funny?

Hayden: Oh, just Jenzie.

Connor: Who?!

JoJo: I'm assuming he meant Johnny and Kenzie.

Johnny: Oh!  

Kenzie begins to blush which makes us all laugh uncontrollably. She really does like him and it's perfect, now all we need is to figure out who JoJo likes and have them meet. It seems to be impossible to think of someone who JoJo might like. She is such an independent soul that has never showed any interest in anyone like that, too bad, her and Carson would look so cute together.

The sun has finally set and we race over to the fire pit and start the fire. The guys throw in the logs and I pour in the lighter fluid. JoJo lights the fire and it instantly roars to life. We all help open up the food and begin to roast marshmallows. We sit around the fire and talk about how perfect this moment is and how this should be what life is like everyday.

JoJo: I'm going to miss this.

Annie: What?

JoJo: Um, well I guess I should tell you guys now then. I-I'm moving.

Jayden: Wait, what?! Where?!

Annie: You can't, I just got here JoJo. LA won't be the same without you!

Mackenzie: Why JoJo?

JoJo: Different opportunities different places.

Jayden: That's not it, is it?