Chapter 8

JoJo starts to cry and we all give her a huge hug. I've never seen JoJo cry before, she's so strong and brave. She clearly doesn't want to talk about it but that's okay, I just want to make sure she's fine.

JoJo: I love you guys, you always know how to make a girl feel better

Hayden: That's what best friends are for.

All: Totally

Annie: It'll be okay JoJo. It's not like we won't talk or be friends anymore. We're still here for you, always.

Mackenzie: Yeah, always!

We continue with our bonfire and put the conversation with JoJo on pause because she doesn't want us to let it ruin this night. I grab the football and make us all play, girls against guys. I am terrible at football but I don't care, I just want us all to be having fun together.

JoJo passes me the ball and I run it for the touchdown. Hayden runs in front of me and lifts me up in the air. I get a case of the giggles and he sets me down on the sand. He kisses the top of my head as I sit on the ground in defeat.

Hayden: Get up silly!

Annie: NO!!

Hayden: C'mon! Let's play!!!

Annie: NO!!

Hayden: Fine.

With that last comment he comes and picks me up, carrying me back to my team's end zone, setting me on my feet. I toss JoJo the ball and get in position. She launches the ball to
Jayden and Connor intercepts it. We all laugh and don't even try to tag Connor. He scores a touchdown and the score is 6-0. We play for another twenty minutes and the final score is 36-12. After we finish we go back to the fire pit and stuff our faces with more treats. I'm finally full and JoJo initiates the conversation about her move.

JoJo: This next week we'll have to hang out a lot.

Mackenzie: If you don't want to talk about it JoJo, you don't have to.

JoJo: It's okay you guys, I don't mind talking about it.

Johnny: Are you sure?

JoJo: Yeah.

Jayden: Okay, so how far will you be from us?

JoJo: I'm going to Maryland. I'll be more than 2000 miles away, but it's okay.

Annie: What?! You're going to Maryland?!

JoJo: I know, I didn't know that's where we were moving 'till last week.

Annie: At least you'll make some great friends there, I have.

Hayden: So why are you going Jo?

JoJo: I just can't take all the pressure of being in the limelight. In Maryland there will be less "fame". Hollywood. Too much pressure.