Chapter 9

I was shocked. JoJo always looked so happy to be in the spotlight and have all the attention, I don't mean this negatively but because she motivates people and makes them happy.

Johnny: I had no idea JoJo

JoJo: Guess I'm just a great actor.

Connor: It'll be weird without you around.

Mackenzie: A lot less crazy, a lot quieter. It's gonna suck!

Jayden: I wish you didn't have to go!

JoJo: It's time for me to move on now guys, I wish you could be part of it, but I have to be able to do this by myself

Hayden: You never have to do anything by yourself, we're here to be by your side.

As everyone talked I sat bundled up in my hoodie, I couldn't bring myself to the reality that JoJo was leaving right after I got to LA. A single tear rolls down my cheek. I feel like, somehow, this is all my fault. I know that's not the case, but I still feel like she's leaving because of me. Hayden notices the tear and wipes it off my cheek and holds me in his arms. He instantly cheers me up and I ask when she's leaving.

JoJo: Next Friday

Annie: Well we got a lot to do in a week!

Hayden: So what are we doing tomorrow then?

Jayden: Umm, tomorrow's a school day though

Mackenzie: You're home schooled Jayden.

Jayden: Oh! Thats right!

Annie: You're a goofball!

We plan our last week with JoJo before she heads off to Maryland and it's filled with so much to do from mini golfing to heading to the water park. I'm absolutely ecstatic for everything that's going to happen that I completely forget that one of my best friends is leaving for awhile. I know that we say we'll stay in touch, but in reality we aren't going to talk for a long, long time. Although I wish that wasn't the case, it's the truth. I know this because it's happened several times before. Hayden draws me from the depths of my mind and asks me if I was alright.

Annie: Yeah

Hayden: No. You're not okay.

Annie: I'll be fine love. I promise

Hayden: You can tell me, I'm not just your boyfriend. I'm someone you should always be able to talk to about everything.

Annie: I know and thank you, but it's all in the past.

Hayden: Okay beautiful.

We finish the our night at the beach and head home to get some rest for our busy day tomorrow.