21: Chase | 3 |

~Deep in the Grotto~

Within the mercenaries' hideout, Lea could be seen fixing up Bright's uncomfortable position to that of a seating position. She laid his back on the bloody cave walls, and arranged his hair so that they didn't cover his face. Then she stood up and walked towards the dark narrow path, heading towards the fiery haired youth she left behind.

Her footsteps slow and weak, she weaved her tired body to the dying youth. He remained shackled to the cave wall. With a slight movement of his head, he turned his gaze on Lea's approaching form. Although he seemed very tired, he still noticed the drastic change on Lea's appearance. She looked worn out.

"......" He tried to speak, but his throat refused.

Looking at him, Lea's deeper hue of ruby seemed lifeless. "I'll release you now. Sorry I came back with no food." She said in her tired soft voice, almost a whisper.

He could simply look on Lea as she went about breaking the shackles with as much strength she could muster. He thought she was being ridiculous for using her bare hands, but as soon as his thoughts processed the comment, the shackle on his neck broke by Lea's touch.

Bewildered but feeling better, he continued to observe Lea's undisguised nonchalance. He had never seen anyone done such a thing despite his many years in military.

"I'll carry you out. If it displeases you, I apologize in advance." She said without waiting for the youth's response. She knew the boy wouldn't be able to produce a response. Thus she simply gave him a warning of what was to come.

Lea came out of the dark narrow path with the fiery haired youth on her back. When came around the room where Bright was, she noticed a light blue fox waiting for her. Its gaze landed on her. When it noticed Lea's exhaustion, it ran very quickly to Lea's side. Climbing up to her shoulder, the fox licked her cheeks.

Mysteriously, every lick gave Lea more strength. So she simply let the fox do its thing as she moved slowly towards Bright. Before even thinking deeply of how she would carry two teenager boys with her young body, essences surged all throughout her muscles. Her strength increased, she could now manage to lift up Bright with one of her arm. She made sure Bright's arm rested on her nape.

Carrying both proved to be much more difficult despite her enhanced strength.

Giving up, she gently laid Bright to one side. While she laid the fiery haired youth beside him. Lea stood up straight, her mind at work. She then decided to simply bring Bright first and leave him with Raize.

She followed through her plan and half an hour later, she was back in the cave once again. She only needed to carry the fiery haired youth. Carrying him like a princess, they left the now ominous and deadly Grotto.

During her walk towards her companions' resting spot, Lea thought of how inconvenient it was to not have a biscuit at hand. If she had one, the youth in her arms would be feeling better by now. She wondered if essences could create objects that needed recipes to make. In conclusion, she simply took a note of the theory in her head and reminded herself to write them down on her notebook when she gets the chance.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Raize was momentarily surprised when Lea finally finished her business. She had went back into the cave after leaving the unconscious Bright in his care without a word. And once she returned, she had a young man in her arms.

"Who is that?" He simply asked, taking notice of the youth's deathly pale face.

"Tortured by the mercenaries. He was the only one I saw alive in there, beyond the room where we were." Lea replied. Her words grew softer as she spoke the last part.