156: Silent Dilemma

Nia rolled and rolled, all over the wide soft bed in his private room. There was no other decoration within except for this one bed. It was all he needed to keep his mind busy.

As he continued to roll, his face slammed on someone's behind. Yet he was not capable of anger.

He curiously looked up to meet against a pair of amused pair of magenta eyes. Standing beside him was Ashe with his pair of golden eyes. 

What were these two men doing in his room? Wasn't he being behaved and no longer played around with table clothes, curtains and dirty clothes?

As the silence stretched, awkwardness begun to surface. Liam coughed and said to him, "Doggy, your mistress was asking for you—" His thuggish voice had not even finished when the big dog that was previously enamored with the softness of the bed flashed out before his eyes.

Lea? Nia's wolf ears popped out, his bushy tail sprang to carelessly destroy the bed's framework with its great strength. He did not care for these and immediately jumped out of the bed, and shot out of the room where his excited four paws increasingly fade to the distance.

Ashe looked down on Liam's helpless expression, not bothering to comment before leaving the room himself.

The journey to Escarcha from continent Sabrina had been long and arduous. But just when they thought they could finally rest, they were met with a group meeting for both himself and Nia. What could Lea's intention be for awaiting his presence?

He and Liam walked calmly through long corridors carpeted in red, their eyes did not wander towards the expensive and antique decorations on the walls. Picture frames similar to that of Victorian theme lined up the walls horizontally every after wall lamps lit with luminous gems powered by the rich essences in the air to increase their brightness and warm glow.

With these warm, bright luminous gems placed in every corner of Wern Castle, the extreme cold natural in Escarcha had been slightly elevated. Yet for those who had developed their core levels to seven and above would have no problem with extreme weathers. The higher the core level, the easier it was for essences to be attracted into fortifying a being's resistance. Hence, the higher the core level, the more durable the physical body and the longer one could live.

This was further improved by the Apostles using Science. As a result, they were able to reach a couple of centuries.

As Ashe and Liam traversed the quiet Castle halls, they could see servants with their head bowed so low as if scared of offending their eyes. It must be said that the managerial department had done their job excellently after having been briefed by the Emperor's personal Eunuch. 

The servants never dared to cross their bounds and minded their own business. 

Before long, the two unusual young men arrived at Raize's private room where they were welcomed with a very dim lit scene. Most lights came from the computers at the side that seemed to have been reprogrammed to show slideshows of strange structural images of certain organisms.

A chandelier with small luminous gems faintly glowed the rest of the room, enough to reveal the entities under its light.

Inside the room, four people were sitting separately, except for Seth who respectfully stood behind Lea to await for her needs. May it be tea, delicacies or documents. Whatever she wanted, he was at ready anytime.