128: Came begging for death

They were nearing the last location for the last Spirit sister, and as they progressed along the way, essences continued to spread immensely. As if a walking gate has been releasing fertilizers for their growth. Victor quietly looked at Lea at the side.

Although she noticed his questioning gaze, she did not bother to explain. It can be said that after they left the circular pool with the waterfall, Lea has been releasing as much essences in the air as much as possible. Like bacteria, their multiplication was tremendous for every minute, one became three and three multiplied to nine.

Due to the growing abundant essences, wild animals grew crazed. As if something was invading their territory making them all anxious. Hence, many more were running to meet Lea and others in their path, but these pitiful animals were not a challenge to both Lea and Victor.

Then came an expected encounter.

A sniper aimed at Yun Na, however, Lea found out where the sniper was before pulling the trigger, instantaneously willing the essences to disintegrate the firearm. The opposing group was shocked, attempting to go back into hiding, only... it was too late. Making a move first when not knowing the capability of your opponent, was one of their biggest mistake.

Victor flashed and dragged the members of the opposing group in front of Lea in a couple of minutes as they were a fair distance away from one another. Nevertheless, they could do nothing against a highly powerful beast that has been nourished in a pool of essences for a long time.

"....W-wu.... Wha-what are you?! Monster! Beast! Let us go...!!"

It would have been better to put respect and pleading together. Instead, the kneeling militant insulted Lea and company arrogantly before begging for his life. Even Bright did not understand the logic, a frown on his handsome face.

"W-we will give you everything... Just release us... Right! Right! You can make use of them and I won't bother you anymore... Please!"

Hearing their leader's words, each of the members' face changed. Suddenly, they wanted to antagonize the man for being selfish and cowardly. They too wanted to escape. One by one, they too, opened their mouth to speak.

"It was his idea! Great ones, he is to blame for the attempted raid!!"

"He is our leader! He is responsible for out team. We really have nothing to do with this... Nothing... We were just following him..."

"That's right! It was all because of him! We have been following you all along, and he thought he could steal whatever weapons you are using so we prepared to ambush you here..."

"Stop! What are you guys saying? We all agreed to this!!"

"Can you blame us for having a stupid and cowardly leader such as you?! It's all because you couldn't win against Jeffrey's team that we are in this desperate situation! You even caused Emily to die!! Screw you!!"

"Emily killed herself off! It had nothing to do with me!!"

Slowly, the group begun biting one another with words of blame that was very ugly to see. No one wanted to own anything, throwing accusations up in the air. 

"Can you not bl----"

He could not finish his words as his head rolled off the cold ground, collecting dry leaves and mud with blood. Others took a while to react, but when they did, screams of fright resounded. Even Yun Na begun puking at the side with her delicate pale face. Bright wore a crook face at the sight, slowly turning his head onto Lea's cold ruby eyes that had no ripples of emotion in them. For a moment, he did not know if the girl was the one he'd always known.

"Ahhhhh! Ah! RUN!!"

On cue, everyone stood up to frantically run. A few steps, however, proved none could escape. All of their heads perfectly arched onto the floor. Then came fountains of blood splashes from their recently beheaded neck.

Victor waved his hand and nothing splattered towards Lea and the others.

Yun Na collapsed and Bright had to support her frail body. He still could not believe the quick deaths in front of him with not even a word of explanation from Lea. He never even heard her say anything.

Then she stepped forward to continue their march, followed by the other three quietly. No one looked back at the pitiful deaths of insignificant militants. Soon after, wild animals came to feast on their meat and bones.