114: Lars and His Brother

Being in the woods with lush evergreen trees was something some people would enjoy. Staying within it for days would never be a problem because there were wild animals, wild berries, wild grasses and of course wild strange things. These also include wild deaths or inconspicuous annhilation. Not to mention whatever few beasts that would wonder about, getting lost. No sense of direction!

Incidentally, within a corner of the woods, a conference of youths was held. Despite their handsome features, anyone that could see the whole scene wouldn't think about their appearance first. The dead has yet to be buried, but nobody has yet to move to do so.

One would wonder why, but a fellow whose name was Raize would not allow anybody to touch the already hard and cold dead bodies. He has been analyzing the wounds for hours, even using his curious mind to wrap the bodies with purple murky essences. This method of analysis would allow him to gather miniscule details concerning the cells, not every cell, but the uniform condition. He could learn the changes before and after death, as well as tinker the brain for whatever its previous owner thought.

This was a method nobody in this world has ever achieved. Even for Lea whose mind was just as curious to many things. She wouldn't usually bother with the dead. Even unrelated, she would feel pity for the lose of life. But Raize was different. It begun when he thought someone left for good, then it evolved to a hobby.

Observing him carefully at the side was Lars who was quiet as a mouse, which is the usual. He was not mute. Surely not a disable either. Simply a kidnapped youth. But that does not stop him from scrutinizing the individual disrespecting the dead. His eyes would glance from the tribal princess to Raize from time to time.

The tribal princess was utterly shocked by the recent events. And she has been hugging a fat tree trunk ever since she could remember. Cannot mumble coherent words, her mind was muddled. Fortunately, she has hope to recover.

"Every parts peirced by his tool sapped away strength. The bones are fine, but the marrows are hollow. The brain is strangely in good condition although not fully developed, but these are grown men... Is this world less evolved than hours?" Muttered Raize to nobody in particular, but his analysis caught Lea's ears.

She drew herself closer to where Raize was and looked at the dead bodies carefully. Hypostasis and algor mortism already kicked in, hardening their limbs in strange ways. A scene one would run away from, but these two teenagers were mentally strong and less prone to fright.

"Did we just go back in time? And all these beasts were supposedly instinct in modern times? If so, how far did we go back?" Asked Lea one after another.

Raize shook his head and spoke. "I don't think we went back in time in the same world dimension as ours. Sure we went back in time, but it's hardly believable from what we've seen so far."

Hearing his words, a thought passed Ulla's mind. "What if we're indeed in the same dimension but someone messed things up, creating all these circumstances. What if.... just like us.... someone foolish created a ripple. Someone who was an irregular..."

Her words were worth pondering and Lea and Raize did thought about it too. However, as soon as that theory was established, there was also a possibility of tackling more than one irregular individual.

"A different dimension... But similar to a game... A heroine turned into a cat, and none of the 3 nations in Ingrid ultimately won the war. We've seen it, it was rather different than I thought. Men against beasts. Rather, everyone else against the Apostles."

"Oh, but point in tact, the capture targets are all alive. Although they seem more obedient to you... What do you think about their capability to go against that huge sect?"