134: No Leeway (2)

In a place where no one can reach, there currently were three Elders absorbed in their heated discussion. The big screen flickering on one of the walls displays the happenings in every District, including the Central District. However, it does not display every nook and cranny. 

Hence, upon the arrival of Elder Bo, the other two elders then knew what exactly was happening. The Spirits have finally come without them setting up a trap to lure them out! They were very excited as they marveled over their pass success, which unfortunately (for them) dwindled a couple of hundreds years ago.

They did not think that the new leader of Spirits would eventually finally stop being patient. Listening up to here, Elder Yun suddenly said: "They must have a reason to finally have some courage now...?" His small eyes narrowed even more, causing them to appear like slits. Patting his long white beard, he was deep in thought.

Unlike Elder Bo and Elder Lin, Elder Yun posses a very deep mind. Thus, he cannot possibly miss the reason of this huge change with the Spirits.

Although looking very excited, Elder Bo suddenly slumped on his chair, joining Elder Yun in thought. Then slowly, his eyes that were looking down lit up with an idea. "There is this girl who was not a part of Military District... She was also in the jungle when the beasts escaped from their confinement!"

"A girl..." Muttered Elder Yun, feeling very suspicious but his arrogance did not allow him to feel anxious. He subconsciously ignore such a person, dismissing any illogical hypothesis. "Impossible. Just a little girl... She might have just gotten herself lost from the Beggars District. The people from that district are all very eccentric."

Pondering Elder Yun's words, Elder Bo had nothing to say. Even though they were all elders, respected by everyone, they were only different in one sense. They have lived for hundreds of years, and these were all possible with their Spirit experimentation. 

Extracting the crucial spiritual essence of a Spirit extended their lives by leaps and bounds. And since this fact was very crucial to maintaining their superior status, they never informed anyone of it, ever.

They became able to manipulate essences as well, allowing them to zap themselves all over the place, which enables them to come and go from their current hideout. Confident that no one would be able to locate them, even in times of need, they did not feel anxious nor nervous while the beasts were rampaging in other districts. 

"Have the other Guardians come back...?" This abrupt thought lit up Elder Bo's eyes. Within those bulging eyes, there seems to be a little bit of fear, as well as anticipation.

At Elder Bo's guess, Elder Yun resolutely shook his head, seemingly very sure. "Impossible!"

Elder Lin nodded his head in agreement as well. "Our forefathers specifically informed us that this world has been abandoned. No guardians will ever remember this world again."

He did not explain, but all three elders were suddenly in compliance with one another. Elder Bo slammed his fist on the table exasperatedly, "The Spirits are already here! Why don't we just get some things done so we can proceed with creating immortality?! We are not going anywhere at this point. What do you say?" Although he did not shout, his temper was obvious through gritted teeth.

Elder Lin nodded his head once again in agreement. "Agreed. I'm confident we won't lose against them once again as we've been able to suppress them with 'Essence Waver' tools. I'm sure they still have some lingering fear over the huge matter years ago."

Finally, Elder Yun seems to be thinking the same as well. "Anyway, they are just Spirits."

Hearing his fellow elders agree, Elder Bo was now brimming with greed and evil intentions. His glossy eyes were scary, possessing murderous glint. 

Before they left to confront and capture the Spirits, Elder Lin quietly said, "Has 'she' been informed of this matter yet?"

Elder Bo shook his head like a drum rattle. "She's still out there in the Oriental. Busy with her family matters. That genius will eventually join us. After all... she needs our influence to achieve her goals."

"En. Then I'll immediately send a messenger beast to report our current situation." 

Hearing Elder Lin's words however, caused Elder Bo to frown. "Why does it seem you are very eager to pamper that girl? You may look youthful, handsome, influential and more money than you can spend, but you are over 200 years old like us!" Just imagining a little girl and a very old man being paired together... Elder Bo shivered in disgust.

Elder Lin raised a brow, a little smirk playing his lips, making his face appear very enchanting able to capture the hearts of many girls. Unfortunately, it was Elder Bo and Elder Yun seeing such a face and they were very used to seeing this. "What does it matter to you? If you are so envious, go find your own woman to pamper."

"You ah!" Exasperated, Elder Bo left with a blush on his face, feeling ashamed.

Elder Yun remained standing where he was, staring intently at Elder Lin. Then he slowly said with his sagely voice, "You may treat her like a treasure, but she does not equal what we have achieved all these years. Careful you don't get burnt..."

Saying up to here, Elder Yun left their private quarters as well.

It was quiet in the room for a moment before a soft chuckle could be heard. "...Fools!" He whispered harshly.

-------------

After leaving some tasks to Victor and Japatu, Lea has always been waiting at the center of Central District, always scanning the whole underground for irregularities. 

In order to lure the top of the ladder, she threw the Spirits and the beasts, waiting for the predators. Only then would she be able to make her move.

As luck would have it, three unusual entities suddenly entered her scanners, detecting an unusual levels of essences. They did not seem similar to Living Spirits, nor were they full fledge Spirits. Their internal structure were unlike Lea's as well, causing her to frown deeply.

Quickly resolving this difficult matter, Lea opened her eyes and disappeared out of sight, reappearing beside Japatu in Crimson Boa District's central laboratory. A great many researchers and scientists have already fallen on the floor, leaving behind bloodless carnage.

All the elders were flabbergasted seeing a young girl who look very much like human but nary a resemblance of one. They too were confused of what she was made of. 

Seeing her suddenly appear, Japatu quickly stole a glance of her side profile. [Are these all?] He was feeling conflicted at how easy it was to meet the higher ups.

Lea patiently explained to Japatu her thoughts, [Hmmm. Their eyes look like they are salivating looking at your high spec body... Watch out they don't steal your chrysanthemum.]

[LEA!]

[Uh. Sorry, a little distracted by how evil they look.] Lea briefly glanced at Japatu, hinting with her eyes how apologetic she was, but she totally failed as her eyes looked very sharp even as she docilely winked. She then replied with a more serious tone, [You guys were the bait. They got lured. I'm the fisherwoman, and I've caught some good fat fishes, ...very fat fishes.]

[...Haa... They really love us Spirits...] His anger vibrated mentally as well, causing Lea to understand how much indignation he was bottling up inside, although his face was not showing any emotion at all.

While Lea and Japatu were talking mentally, the three Elders were observing their movements. From their brief glance to one another, to their passionate gazes. For a moment, they thought they weren't here for anything important, only witnessing a lovers' silent affair.

Until Elder Bo could no longer wait, fishing out his Essence Waver tool, he was about to shoot Japatu with it.