78: Overturn

The next few weeks past by so fast, and many things occurred that many were astonished to witness. Sabio changed in a month.

Hundreds of people died.
Hungry beasts roamed the land.

It was all getting out of hand.
Lea and co. couldn't immediately gasp what made everything fall over. Their initial plan was to drive away the King, but by distracting him in with Royal affairs. So as not to have the soldiers venture outside Sabio at all.

Contrary to the goal they had in mind, the soldiers remained and were used to defend against an unusual creature that emerged one day. It was formidable. It was merciless. It wanted Lea.

Kiel became obsessively overprotective, he locked away Lea deep underground. His actions caused the rest of the men to protest, which earned Kiel their ire. They were merely unable to lay their hands on him as he was Lea's brother. Raize, Bright and Ulla knew how desperate she looked for him before.

Seth ignored Kiel's methods and would always come visit Lea.

"Why don't you just refuse your brother?"

"I'll wait it out. Too many things are going on. How is the King?"

"Lock himself scared in the Palace. The royalties are slowly shipping away to Sabrina. From what I could see outside, Ingrid don't have much long to live due to overpopulation of beasts. For what caused their number to increase, I have yet to gather sufficient data. I'm sorry, Lea."

She glanced into his concerned crimson eyes, and she could feel her heart moved by his devotion. Reaching out to ruffle his soft hair that he made sure it was, Lea smiled. "Don't worry. If anything, I'm sure Ashe will do something about me since he does need me to meet Ingrid."

"That is not reassuring at all." His tone serious, his crimson eyes blazed.

"Yes, I'm not serious. All the plans we prepared all went into the drain. I can't begin to fathom how much loses we earned from this unexpected beast." Her face expressionless, her voice revealed her worry.

Seth who remained by her side pulled her into a loving embrace. Stroking her head, he said, "If this land is too late from saving, we just need to find another option."

With her head rested on his chest, she could hear his heart beating in a steady pace. "Funny how your heart is calm most of the time."

"I'm an Assassin. I'm trained to remain calm."

"Right."

"Yep."

"Hey, Seth."

"Yes, Lea?"

"How is everyone?"

His crimson eyes widened in realization. "Despite everything we've been through, I sometimes don't understand your show of compassion."

"I'm simple. So tell me."

With a groan that he couldn't hide, he begrudgingly informed her of what has been going on above. "Your brother's getting worse at making sure no one gets through you. He doesn't care about the raging beast within the city, nor the hundreds of them outside. He is preparing to ship you off Sabrina."

At his last words, Lea glanced up to his crimson eyes. "Is he going to lock me from everything else again....?" She muttered to herself.

She never knew she was locked away by her brother until she realized the warmth of others. She did not want to feel loneliness and heartbreak all alone once again. She wanted to be with everyone. "Seth."