106: Leron's Appearance

Raize and Lea stared at one another quietly, as if they were the only ones breathing in the world. However, loud sounds disrupted their peace, and with it, came the marching of the Holy Knights of Sabrina. From afar, they were harmless, but closer, they were armed with guns and explosives.

Despite their knowledge of the essences, they did not rely solely on them. Their legions of warriors frightening, Lea, Raize and Nia felt the ground tremble.

"Did you come here to warn me of these lot, Lea?" Raize queried, quite gently.

Lea looked away from the window to look at Raize's stoic face that appeared unreadable and cold. However, she felt warmth in his eyes, and she understood his demeanor was much different from his thoughts of her.

With their atmosphere amiable, Nia felt uncomfortable. For reasons unsaid, the two's meeting was something that was bound to change something huge. He was well aware of Raize's mysterious abilities, and how cold and calculating the young man was. Then he looked over to Lea who remained a personage with many secrets.

To Raize's question, Lea stood erect. Her ruby eyes spoke of keen interest to Raize who she hadn't seen in a while. Then she slowly nodded her head in assent. "But I had a feeling you knew...." She then eyed him suspiciously, and noticed a smirk on his handsome face.

"Quite right. From the documents on that table, "He informed, pointing at the pile of papers cluttered on the Study table. "The Apostles' have built a factory in this city. In this mansion itself. It seems I've been successful at luring them to this place. How stupid of them."

His voice full of confidence, Lea was slightly feeling anxious and curious. She did not know Raize had the capability to go against the army of Apostles. They were a group so unyielding and unpredictable that she did not want to make a straightforward move into bringing their downfall. However, she was not afraid. If he was confident, she knew their must be something he can prove useful against their foes.

"What is your plan?" She asked.

"What do you think of burying them all alive?"

Hearing his words, she was slightly taken aback. Nia who had been listening with interest widened his mismatched eyes in surprise.

"...But that's not a solution we should always opt for." She quietly protested.

He shrugged and moved to stand beside her.

She could feel his calm reaching out towards her, and slowly making her feel calm as well. As if she didn't have to worry about anything at all. But she did not want to fall to such superfluous gut feeling. Instead, she questioned Raize's chess pieces more critically.

"What is he hiding?"

"How can he be so confident?"

"How is he able to joke around at a time like this?"

"What does he have to be able to go up against the armed Apostles without fear in his eyes?"

"Can he really defend himself?"

"Why did he forcefully caught their attention?"