84: Bright Needs His Lady Knight

In the town of Port Ruo, screams of anguish could be heard. While Lea and the others were lost in Solitario Isle, Ingrid has drastically changed. Beasts continued to rise, villages were destroyed one after another. Nations were slowly being eradicated, and humans were mowed down from place to place.

"We should have believed the others and that mysterious beautiful lady!" Screamed a mother of two as she quickly packed a set of things into a bag. Her two children were crying by her side, their father had just died outside their home. His head was torn and crushed within a beast's mouth, his body collapsed on the ground.

"Wa....AHHHH! Ma.... Ma.. Mama...!" Cried one, and the other followed suit. It was a scene of tragedy much like the rest of the people left behind in the port town. 

- - - -

"Hurry up, Jared! We can't stay here. Your father is dead, let him go!!" Panic stricken, Dai Wouxie urged her close friend Jared to run with her. There was not much time to ride away against the stampede of beasts hungry for human blood. Unbeknownst to them, almost half of the beasts' number were once humans. 

Shedding his manly tears, Jared couldn't say anything but let go of his father's bloody hand. His mother was already believed to be dead in the forest. She went with the local women in town to gather fruits like they always do, but only this time, nobody could come back. Not alive.

With haste, Dai Wouxie grabbed a beast vehicle that seemed to be anxious and nervous, but with her skilled control, it was calmed down right away. With difficulty, she settled some food supply and water on the beast's attached bags, and hauled the still blank Jared aboard. Just when a beast was about to claw its way towards her back, she had jumped and on board the beast. With a yelp, the vehicle beast charged north, leaving behind the death of the many.

Fire engulfed the houses, the cries of humans and beasts resonated to the calm sea. That day, many died. That day, the beasts feast. That day, Port Ruo was no more.

•  •  •

On the other part of Ingrid, where the Jagguar tribe settled, cries of the warriors continued to cheer for their people's lives. They were cornered despite their strength that could win a war with only their 200 against Chlad's 800. 

It was apparent it would not be long before their prideful tribe falls. A big burly man with abundance of grey beard urged the many youngster unto a huge, huge, white leopard that had brilliant 3 pairs of wings. It patted the head of the legendary beast and kissed its eyes goodbye. "Bring them to safety, no matter what."

As he said so, the leopard cried a roar so deafening. It must not like the order, or maybe the notion of leaving its master. However, it was aware how serious a matter it was he was tasked to complete. The future of Jagguar tribe must not end. 

The mothers of the children and the rest of the young could only cry as they held their heart, restraining with all their might to chase after their child that they will never meet ever again. Some children were still so young to realize what was going on. Some others resolved to never repeat such a tragedy. They must become strong, thought those who had the real Jagguar pride running through their veins.

Their fathers continued to hold back the ever stronger tide of beasts that came to ravage their land by either in aerial or land attacks. The Jagguar tribe was helpless, but they had enough time to send off their best fighting force and keep the young ones safe. With a whistle so familiar to the leopard, it beat its wings against the wind, gale came and those who were left on the ground had to cover their eyes. Its strong wings caused twisters to several beasts before flying high up in the air and disappear.