154: A chance given, a choice to be had

The Emperor's Study was a place where private matters usually took place, and this was the place Lea and the headmaster were currently discussing about the future of Wern. Lea and Oliver were sitting opposite to the headmaster and Leron.

The young headmaster was sitting with his legs spread and elbows resting on his lap, while his hands were clasped together. He was currently feeling troubled, his brows twitching with disbelief. "You forcefully brought me here to forcefully make me the Emperor. Dear one, this is not how you ask favors from people." It was clear that he was displeased despite how young he looked now. And although he was surprised how almighty the young girl had turned out to be, he also understood that she wasn't as senseless as to do him any harm without reason. Not that he was harmed in any way.

In fact, if it was any other person, they would have jumped on the job offer of being an Emperor, whether it be temporary or permanent, full-time or part-time. After all, being an Emperor comes with wealth, status and fame. Being one could only mean being above the many while below those who couldn't be part of the country. Such as Lea and her entourage who never intended to stay in the City of Wern for long.

The headmaster's scathing remark was directed at Lea who was solemnly sitting beside Oliver. She remained quiet, sipping her tea while trying to be inconspicuous. She continued to act like she had nothing to do with the current dilemma of a certain headmaster nor in any way related to the Emperor beside her. She sipped her tea slowly with her eyes hooded. The steam from the tea shaded half of her face that was as expressionless as a wall. 

"Forgive me, honorable headmaster of...?" Oliver begun, waiting for the headmaster to introduce himself. He was much to doting to Lea to reprimand her from her usual antics. Even if she decided to destroy the country he had been trying to restore to normalcy, he would most likely only express a tired sigh before redoubling his efforts. For him, whatever Lea did was a given and he would be even more be delighted to see her be more proactive.

Sighing, the headmaster politely replied, "Josia Godwind. Previously worked as a headmaster to University of Sabio. It's a pleasure to meet Emperor York." He spoke like a prospective employee, equipped with the necessary degree of politeness and humbleness that were rarely found in youngsters in recent years. Maybe it was because there hadn't been any school as good as Sabio-U, but Josia Godwind made Oliver feel that the person before him was full of integrity and dignity. This impression immediately put Josia Godwind in Oliver's good side. 

'As expected of Lea!' He couldn't help but briefly think as such. As one of Lea's avid fanboys, Oliver instinctively praised the goddess of his heart.

As they were sizing each other up, Leron was not idle. His blazing gaze was trying to kill Lea at sight. With clenched jaws and hands, he was barely keeping himself calm. In his mind, all sorts of curses had been thrown at Lea who continued to be distracted by her bottomless teacup.

'Rude! Rude! This girl never changes!!' What he hated the most was another person causing trouble to his father. Considering he finally turned a new leaf, he thought he could finally spend his days with him peacefully, only to suddenly be disrupted by the person he disliked the most. Meeting her really was his misfortune in this lifetime.

Behind where Lea was sitting, Seth dutifully observed his surroundings, especially Lea's teacup. He would pour her a steaming tea once she finished, making her remain idle and indifferent to everything else. If only he could, he would have placed her somewhere more beautiful and serene than this gloomy Study room. 

Oliver focused his cyan eyes to the wise young headmaster, Josia, and said, "Headmaster Godwind, do forgive our rudeness. We are young and unwise, and so we seek for your help to give us advise. In return, please do tell of anything that you wish." His words were magnanimous, his tone polite and respectful just as an Emperor should. How could the headmaster who valued character ignore as such?