74: Broken Smiles

*Cough* *Cough*

Caught by the coughing sounds, Lea and Raize turned to the side. Their eyes met Ulla's smiling face, her excitement expressed in her brown eyes. But she was not the one who coughed.

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

Turning their head to Bright, they could only glance at one another once again and reveal an identical smile on their faces. Then they separated as they shrugged their shoulders to Bright's call for attention. 

"We should start the meeting now." Bright announced, sounding a wee serious, but failing as it was unusual of him. Ulla could only sigh at his efforts.

Lea, however, nodded in assent to Bright's statement. "Alright. I want to know what has been going on here, in Sabio. And your intentions. You seem to be on to something." She begun.

Fortunately, Seth was not present during the whole moment with Raize. It would have been very dangerous. However, nobody seemed to think of that possibility.

To Lea's concerned query, it was Ulla who replied. "It seems it's not only Sabio we have to concern ourselves with, but also the nation Drakon in Sabrina. The latest armaments sent over that most people have been carrying around were shipped from that same nation, and it's creating conflict within the city."

Straight to the heart of the subject, Ulla answered Lea's question concerning which nation it was that has been helping Sabio. If Lea's theory was right, Sabio is simply the stepping stone. 

"Do you have others with you?" She suspected Raize and co. have been safely hidden by prying eyes thanks to someone or some people helping them out. It would be nearly impossible to keep oneself hidden for so long when gathering crucial information.

With a nod, Raize replied, "We met a son of a general during our way to Sabio. He has been a great help to all of us, but he is currently busy with his family affairs. He seemed to want to meet you too."

Upon Raize's last phrase, Lea expressed a slight frown. But she did make a fuss as there was no point in doing so. "What have you prepared for the people of Sabio?"

Meanwhile, Bright was dozing off. The bed was lulling him to sleep, but he tried his best to pay attention. Hearing Lea's words, his blue eyes shot right up like a hawk. "They are sending soldiers outside... And we can't do anything about it. We are not allowed to go out normally..." 

To Bright's unexpected participation, Ulla and Raize had their eyes bulge out. "....A-ah. Yes. Truth be told, our Major-General, Kiel himself told us to stay put and simply stick with what we can do." Recovering herself, Ulla added.

Then Raize batted his lashes, and said. "One of those is eradicating beasts outside the city. We are hoping it could somehow reduce casualties. I have noticed that no matter how many my department kills, there remains too many of them still."

Lea looked into each of her friends' eyes, and she could see their conflicted thoughts. She knew then that they wanted to fight off quite readily, but due to political reasons, they were left with meager tasks. "I'd like to meet this Kiel you've been mentioning."

With a nod, Raize replied, "He should know we looked for him before coming here." And just right when he finished his line, the door to their room opened with much force. What was revealed then was a young man whose hair as black as the night, his grey eyes like the storm clouds. He appeared disheveled, but no one can refute how attractive he still looked.

His eyes then glanced at everyone in the room, then his focus landed on Lea. Her ruby eyes so bright it could burn anyone in sight. Despite her majestic appearance that was different from what he remembered, he knew then it was her.