58: Omen | 3 |

"Your eyes are beautiful."

Her words so unusual, Seth spun his head to Lea's expression. He could see how interested her ruby eyes are to the man's irises. Realizing this, he could feel his gut churning bad, while his heart seemed to feel gloomy all of the sudden. He didn't like Lea being interested in another man, and that, he knew so well after seeing her interact with Oliver.

Although his expression remained placid, his mind was not. But he remained vigilant and quiet.

To Lea's words, the handsome man who have yet to introduce himself widened his eyes in surprise. "Strange. They are not eyes you should find beautiful. Don't you know about the curse that comes together with this pair of eyes?"

"I do not, and I do not care. Now, answer my question. What is your purpose?"

Her words cutting-edge, the men in the vicinity felt themselves in attention. Her voice could not possibly be ignored by just anyone despite how she appeared. Charisma so strong, they cannot deny her persuasive ability.

With an involuntary gulp, the handsome man retracted his wolfish arm, removing with it the claws that were inches long and so sharp. His gaze formally meeting Lea's. "Chlad is no longer approachable."

His words pierced Lea's chest like a sting, which caused her to frown. "What of the city?"

"Overran by beasts."

"Your purpose?"

"Minimizing casualties...."

"By killing more innocent bystanders?"

"...Yes."

Lea looked hard on the handsome man, her ruby eyes eager to cut his throat.

"What is your real objective?" She asked with finality.

The handsome man sensed he was in danger, but he couldn't see anything different with their surroundings. Nevertheless, he thought long and hard over his answer, then replied with certainty. "I come from Sabio.... I escaped, hoping I could help outside to lessen the devastation of the people that was caused by me originally...."

Lea remained silent, eagerly waiting for more explanation. Gazing at her ruby eyes, the handsome man could suddenly feel he had no choice but to obey what she wanted silently. He did not know what was pushing him to do so, but the urge was so strong he couldn't stop his mouth from revealing his thoughts. "My blood was used to turn the humans into beasts... I was born half beast half spirit....."

"Is that possible?" Thought Lea, directing her query to Ingrid.

Dutifully, Ingrid replied. "I don't know... I've been asleep for far too long. Just to let you know, I never thought of romancing with any beast!!"

At Ingrid's humor, Lea couldn't help but roll her eyes. The handsome man saw her reaction and he thought she did not believe him, which made him spill more of his thoughts. "I served the King by contract, but I disobeyed... I cannot escape from him forever. And I'm sure he is looking for me as of now. Chlad is my responsibility, so I'm going to kill everyone who are going to turn into beast caused by my blood's reaction."

Lea closed her eyes, pondering over the new information she had just received. "Name."

Her voice so profound, there was no way the handsome man could've missed it, but he still stuttered in his response. "Uh hm... N-N-Nia..."

"The King?"

"Alfonso Baltazar..." He replied meekly, glancing on the ground to Lea. He seemed scared of uttering the word, indicating his discomfort.