Chapter 19

Luke and I slowly made our way downstairs, where we had set up hidden cameras everywhere beforehand. We split up at the base of the stairs, I went into the living room and Luke made his way to the kitchen. I was still sad, but I was trying not to think about it. I just wanted to make sure this video was amazing. I readjusted my beanie and straightened my posture. Luke always stood up really straight, whereas I slouched the majority of the time. It was one of those weird twin things where we were so much alike, yet polar opposites.

"Hey boys!" I greeted brightly as I took a seat on the couch. Beau and Daniel were sitting on the couch, watching a movie. Beau glanced up at me and gave me a strange look. I wasn't sure if he knew who I was yet or not, but the face he made was really funny. Daniel, on the other hand, looked up at me and froze. I watched with a smirk on my face as he scanned it for any freckles he wasn't seeing.

"Hey..." Daniel trailed off, obviously not knowing if I was Luke or Jai. Beau smirked back.

"It's Luke, Skip. He's just wearing make up to hide all of the ugly." Beau joked, making me frown. I thought for sure that he'd be able to tell us apart.

"You're right, Beau. That's just cruel, Lukey!" Daniel laughed. I frowned again, before standing up and heading into the kitchen to find Luke.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay, Jai?" I heard my Mum ask as she stroked Luke's face. I watched as he held back a laugh and winked at me. It was his way of signaling me to stop acting.

"Yeah, I'm fine Mum, why?" I asked, opening the fridge to get some water out. My Mum looked up at me in shock. "You okay Mum?"

"Wha-? I didn't mix you two up again, did I?" She asked, apologetically. "Wait a second, what's going on here?"

"What do you mean?" Luke and I asked in sync, causing her frustration to grow. I moved to stand next to Luke, and watched as she looked from my face, to Luke's, and back. She was obviously going crazy with her confusion. I felt bad for her, to be honest.

"Where are your freckles?" She asked, before it clicked. "Luke did you steal my make up again?!"

Luke cracked up laughing, so I took over.

"Mum, there's hidden cameras in here. We wanted to see if you could tell us apart without our freckles to help you." I explained.

"I'm really starting to hate youtube!" She huffed, walking out of the room.

"That went perfectly." Luke laughed.

"I know. Daniel honestly didn't know who I was, and Beau was convinced I was you."

"You want to go freak them out?" Luke laughed evilly, causing me to join in.

"Let's do it!"

~

"Beau can you bake us some cupcakes?" Luke and I asked in sync, causing Beau to look up at us and his eyes to nearly bulge out of his head.

"Um, what's going on? Am I dreaming? Why do you two look so much alike?" Beau fired off question after question, not giving us time to answer. This caused Daniel to look up as well, and he looked like he wanted to cry because of all of the confusion.

"We're twins." I informed him. Beau looked like he wanted to rip his hair out.

"Obviously!" Beau scoffed. "I've only known you your whole lives!"

"What's wrong, Beau?" Luke teased. "You look frustrated."

"What happened to all of your freckles?" Beau finally yelled.

"Oh that? We just wanted to see how well you knew your own brothers' faces. Just a bit of concealer and you're all flustered." I explained.

"There's hidden cameras everywhere. It's a TwinTalkTime video, and honestly I think it turned out pretty good. Don't you, Jai?" Luke asked.

"It was perfect!" I agreed, I laughed a genuine laugh. It actually surprised me. I didn't remember the last time I genuinely laughed. I didn't know how to feel about that.

"Jai? You okay?" Luke interrupted my thoughts. He was watching me, trying to analyze my behavior for anything potentially negative.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, making Luke frown.

"Don't hide from me Jai."

"It's nothing important. Let's just film the outtro." I changed the subject. I could feel Daniel and Beau's eyes on me as Luke and I walked back up the stairs to my room where we started out at.

"Great video today," Luke laughed. "If you're a twin, try it. If you're not, then don't try this at home."

"We had a lot of fun with it, anyways." I added. "We definitely weren't expecting those reactions, so that was pretty cool."

"TwinTalkTime Out!" Luke and I yelled in sync as we high-fived for the camera.

"Finally, time to take this makeup off." I sighed in relief as I walked into my bathroom and quickly washed the makeup off. I came out of my bathroom and found Luke texting on my bed. "You can wash your face really quick and I'll get the cameras."

"Thanks, Jai." Luke smiled as we walked opposite directions. I ran downstairs and started collecting all of our cameras, shutting them off in the process. I ran into the living room to find Beau and Daniel still there.

"He's back!" Beau shouted, hugging me. "Oh, my baby brother!"

"O-Kay then..." I backed away from him, extremely creeped out.

"I'm sorry, you're just not you without your freckles..." Beau trailed off, causing me to laugh. I had laughed a lot today and that was a major improvement. I ran back up to my room with all of the cameras juggled in my arms. I threw them on my bed and then walked into my bathroom to see what was taking Luke so long.

"Jai, how long?" Luke asked me angrily as I walked in.

"You're going to have to elaborate, Lukey." I was confused. That was until he held up the special box I kept in my bathroom as a last resort, in case things became too much.

"How long do I have left before you try to leave me again?"