Chapter 12

"You seem even more pessimistic than usual, if that's even possible." Olivia commented with a chuckle. I glanced at her from the corner of my eye. We were currently at the movies, like we had planned. Olivia was wearing a pair of dark wash denim shorts and an off-shoulder shirt with stripes all over it. Her medium-length ash brown hair was tied up into a messy bun. I couldn't help but find her cute in her outfit. It made me feel even more insecure than usual.

I had just thrown on some black skinny jeans and a t-shirt with a skull on it under my usual 'dirty pigs' hoodie. I kept glancing down at myself self-consciously. Olivia was pretty and she knew it. She viewed me as an ugly version of my twin brother. That I knew for sure.

"Luke's mad at me..."I trailed off, not wanting to hear her reaction.

"Why!?" She looked at me wide-eyed at this statement. She walked ahead of me after a second, getting in line to buy her ticket.

"I sort of accidentally told him that I was taking antidepressants again." I sighed.

"And he got mad at you because?" She dead-panned. "Get to the point, Jye."

"Luke's always been kind of sensitive about my depression." I decided to ignore the little 'jye' part of what she said. "He never really understood it and summed it up to me being selfish, instead."

Olivia processed this newfound information before stepping out of line and grabbing my hand, dragging me along behind her. I had to force my hand not to start sweating.

"I don't feel like seeing a movie anymore." She mumbled. Great, I had upset her!

"Olivia, I'm sorry!" I felt really bad for what I had done. She absolutely loved Luke, and I had let her down. She turned around to face me before pulling me into a brief hug.

"Don't be." She whispered, surprising me. "Your Family always has trouble coming to terms with those kind of things."

"Thanks." I mumbled, hugging her back and resting my chin on the top of her head. "Do you want to have dinner at my house tomorrow night. Luke should be there."

"Are you serious?" I pulled away from her to see her eyes widen and a large smile pop up on her face.

"Unfortunately, yes." I smirked, causing her to lightly smack my chest.

"Behave, Jai." She laughed.
-
"Hey Mum, can I talk to you?" I asked nervously. My mum looked up at me fearfully, almost like she was expecting the worst.

"What is it Jaidon?" She answered tight-lipped. It was obvious that she was mad at me for something. "I'm kind of busy packing, so make it quick."

"Packing?" I was confused. I didn't know she was going somewhere.

"Yes, I have a business trip I have to go on. I leave in the morning." She answered. "What was it you wanted?"

"Nothing." I faked a smile. "Just wanted to hear your voice."

One last time.

I flinched when that thought entered my head. It was the first thought like that I've had today, though. That was a good thing.

I left my Mum's room and walked over to Luke's. I let myself inside with a large fake smile on my face. Luke looked up at me briefly before moving his eyes back to his laptop.

"Hey, you need something?" He asked hesitantly. He was just like my Mum. Treating me like I'm made of glass, just because he found out something was wrong.

"Actually, I do." I spoke clearly, making Luke look like at me.

"I'm making dinner tomorrow night."

"Ok?" Luke scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"I have a friend coming over that is a big fan of you, so if you could just stay around for an hour at the least and play nice that would be great."

"A friend? Since when do you have to make dinner to let a fan meet me?" Luke asked, giving me a knowing look.

"It's not like that! She's practically in love with you, and she's a good friend. I didn't see a reason not to do it." I felt my face heat up at his implications.

"Sure, whatever you say Jai-Jai!" Luke winked at me.

"That's it! I'm leaving!" I ran out of my twin's room and away from the hysterical laughing coming from within it.

After tomorrow, I didn't owe Olivia anything. I was waiting for that moment. Who knows, maybe She and Luke will really hit it off. If that happened, then I can go back to my little empty hole of misery and isolation. I missed it there. I don't even know why I ever wanted to leave it. I was better off alone. When I was alone, nothing could hurt me.

-

"Jai, can I talk to you?" Beau asked, biting his lip nervously. That was weird. Beau never got nervous. Especially when he was around me. I looked into his green eyes, trying to figure out what his motives were.

"Yeah...Sure. What do you need Beau?" I chuckled anxiously. It shouldn't be this nerve-wracking to talk with my older brother, but for some reason it was.

"Do you remember the other day? You had been pacing in front of my room and then ran away without an explanation." Beau asked the question I had been dreading. "What was that all about anyway. You really freaked me out, running away like that."

"Oh...I just needed to talk to you about something, but it doesn't matter anymore. It was stupid anyway." I laughed, faking a smile.

"No. I have a feeling that it was something important." Beau shook his head. "It's not like you to reach out to me like that."

"I'm fine. Okay? Just drop it. You wouldn't understand anyway." I looked down, not being able to take much more of this conversation.

"You don't know that. I know I'm not Luke, but I'm still your brother. Why can't you just trust me for once?" Beau frowned.

"Because this time, not even Luke understands. And, if he can't then no one can."