Chapter four: Maybe everything is ok now.

I'm in the car with my mum. Waiting for the silence to be uplifted. I stare out the window of our dead little town. As we come to a red light my mum looks over at me.

"Are you hungry sweetie?" I stare at my Ipod for moments and think about that question. I have been in the hospital eating nothing for about 3 weeks.

"Ya, I guess."

"What are you hungry for?"

"Anything." My mum lets out a slight laugh and continues driving. In about 10 minutes we pull up to a Burger King. She looks over at me and smiles.

"Is this ok?" I nod my head and get out of the car. As we walk int he building my eyes quickly catch attention to Bridgett. I look down and start walking behind my mum.

"What. Is wrong with you Koi?"

"Nothing. Just keep walking."

"Koi. Get out from behind me. You're 16 come on."

"Can you not say my name?"

My mum looks at me in confusion. I peek over her shoulder and Bridgett caught the glance.

"Hey! Koi!" I breath in deeply.

"Koi. One of your friends is here!" Bridgett walks over and gives my mum a hug.

"I'll let you to catch up while I order ok sweetie?" I smile and nod and my mum walks away.

"What do you want?" I hiss at Bridgett.

"I just wanted to make sure your ok. And that it wasn't my fault you tried killing yourself."

I stare at her blankly. "Ya. I'm fine." Bridgett smiles in confusion. "Was it my fault?" She ask is a quiet voice. Her face turns to guilt. I never said it was here fault did I? "Look. Yes you were involved but it wasn't all your fault ok?" She still looks guilty. "I'm sorry." She gives me a hug and walks away. I never expected that from a person who hates me so much. And I lied. It is mostly her fault. But what was I supposed to do? Tell her? It would make both of us assholes.

I walk outside and decide to wait in the car. I put my headphones in and play on my phone. I'm startled by a loud pound on the window. I look out the window to see my childhood friend Cory. I open the door and take my headphones out. "Cory? Oh my god!" I stand up and give him a hug. "Hey. I heard what happen. Are you ok?" I take a deep breath. "I guess." He nods and gives me another hug. "Well I'll catch you at school." I nod in agreement. "Hey wait!" Cory turns around. "My mum is in there." He laughs. "I'll go say hi. Thanks Koiy"

Koiy is what he called me since preschool. I find it kind of annoying but its ok. I sit back in the car and put my headphones in. I decide to snapchat D.J. I send him a picture of the outside of Burger King and in a caption I say "Come see meeee." Not less the a minute later he snaps me back. It's a picture of the sidewalk near his house. "I can't. I'm walking the little sister around." I put my phone down to change the song. In the middle of me changing in my phone vibrates. It's a call. From D.J!

"Helloooo?" I answer.

"Koi! I'm bored." D.J whined over the phone.

"And that's my problem because?"

"When are you gonna be home?" He whines again.

"Whenever you stop whining."

"I don't whine!" He pouts over the phone.

"You are right now!"

"Am not!"

"Are to!" I argue with him.