Broken Promises

Emma's POV

"And I thought I was good at pissing you off," I smirked, stepping out of the closet. "It looked like you were about to have one of your infamous spaz attacks."

"I don't do that," he argued defensively as I walked over to him, snaking my arms loosely around his neck when I got to him.

"Wow. Someone has a bad case of denial today," I giggled, as I began to run my fingers along his stubbled jaw. It was scratchy and rough, yet soft in an odd way.

I could smell his cologne. It was radiating off of him, the delicious scent of it was mouthwatering. I was almost positive that it was Calvin Klein. Mhmm. I wondered if his underwear was the same name brand, too.

My mind suddenly started flooding with images of Killian in nothing but his boxers. I had a feeling he wore those instead of briefs.

From what I'd felt through his shirt, he had a very impressive set of abs on him. And also some bulging biceps. I'd give anything to seen him shirtless. That would be the best belated Christmas present Santa could give me.

My fingers continued their path up and down, and all around his jaw and neck. I was just so enthralled with how amazing Killian's scruff felt.

"No, I don't," he shook his head, his eyes fluttering shut, as his breathing gradually began picking up.

"Is that the best comeback you've got?" I teased, fully aware of the effect I was having over him.

"Well, with you touching me like this, I'm at a slight disadvantage," he explained, swallowing hard as my pointer finger gently traced over his Adam's apple.

"That's the goal," I smirked against his neck.
I let my lips hover over his skin for a few moments before pressing a kiss to his warm flesh. His breath hitched.

"Should've know that," Killian chuckled as I continued my gentle assault. "Sweetheart, as much as I love feeling your hands and lips on me, you've got to get to class. We only have a couple minutes until the bell rings."

"Can't you just write me a note excusing me from Miss. Tink's class so I can stay with you?" I whined.

Spending the next hour with Killian sounded way more fun than sitting through a lecture about the human body. So far it had been the most boring thing we had covered all year. I had no desire to pursue anything in the medical field, so it was all Greek to me.

"Oh, darling, if you had study hall I'd consider letting you stay," Killian sighed, as he caressed my face with the back of his hand. "But it's biology, you need it to graduate."

"You'd consider it?" I questioned. So if I had study hall instead, he'd still have to ponder whether or not to allow me to get out of next period?

What important thing did he think I would miss? Being forced to listen to Mr. Walter snore so loud my eardrums rattled? All the students called him Sleepy because he always managed to pass out the second he sat down at his desk.

"It would be wrong if I started pulling you out of class," Killian shook his head in disapproval, which I had a feeling was aimed more towards at himself than me. "Even if it's as meaningless of one as study hall. It's not good form."