Letting Her In Part 1

This initially was supposed to be one chapter instead of broken into two parts. But if I didn't do it this way it would have been one very long ass chapter! 😂 My writing got out of hand, as it usually tends to do.

I was also going to publish both parts at the same time but since I have a writer's block and it is taking longer than planned, I decided to publish the first part now. You guys have waited long enough! The second part will most likely be published tomorrow.

But I'm going to quit babbling and let you read the story. Enjoy! 😄

Emma's POV

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," I sighed as I nestled my head into the crook of Killian's neck. I was sitting in his lap as we lounged on the sofa. His arms wrapped loosely around my waist while we laid snuggled up together.

Killian had been politely listening to me whine like a crybaby for the last hour since I'd been here. But I'd finally managed to stop bawling my eyes out.

After how many times I had droned on and on about the broken relationship my mother and I shared I was shocked that he wasn't telling me to give it a rest and just shut up already. It must have been tiring for him to have to endure hearing about my problems ninety percent of our time together.

It seemed like all we ever talked about was me, me, me. I'm sure it got extremely repetitive and boring. Though he acted like he showed no apathy towards the subject.

"Whatever you want, love," Killian spoke in a soft tone while kissing the top of my head. He continued to affectionately run his fingers through my tresses.

"Let's talk about you instead," I suggested. I didn't miss how he instantly tensed up at my words. His whole body became rigid as if he had stopped breathing, and his hand caressing my hair froze in place.

"What do you want to know?" He asked warily after a few moments of awkward silence. I felt his throat bob as he swallowed thickly.

"Tell me about your childhood," I encouraged, sitting up so I could see him.

"There's not much to tell," he shrugged, avoiding my eyes. That should've been enough of a hint for me to just drop the subject and move onto something else, but of course I didn't.

"Oh come on, don't give me that," I smirked. "I'm sure you have lots of stories to tell me about you growing up." I had a strong suspicion that Killian was a little devil in his youth. Getting into mischief more often than not.

"Emma, I don't want to talk about this right now," Killian spoke adamantly.

"Why not?"

Why was he being so weird about this? All I wanted was to know at least one thing about his past. Whether it be a memorable childhood accident, perhaps the one of how he acquired the small scar on his left cheek. Or if he played any sports in high school. Any kind of detail about who he was. Was that too much to ask?

"Because it's a depressing sob story, one you don't need to worry about," he rolled his eyes. He was starting to become annoyed and very agitated.

He began fiddling with his fingers and shifting uncomfortably in his seat. It reminded me of how someone who hated doctors acted when they were forced to see one. Dreading the nurse to call out their name as they nervously sat in the waiting room.