Twenty Seven

A/N: I don't think you're ready for this.

----

"Sofi, I promise we can spend more time together after the case is over," Camila said while making herself some pancakes. She was expecting a call from Dinah since it was now Saturday morning, she had plans to still go and try to see Lauren regardless of whatever Dinah was up to. She felt bad for just leaving Lauren without any word, and not only that but after spending so much time with her, she genuinely just missed her.

"Please, mom and dad both said I definitely can't go with Jason and the rest of my friends on the six flags trip unless you come too," Sofi pleaded, giving Camila her best puppy eyes, "It's only for one night, we'll we back by tomorrow night!"

Camila sighed and began to lightly shake her head, the last thing she wanted to do was spend the whole weekend babysitting a bunch of teenagers. "I'm sorry, Sof, I-"

"Just do it for me!" Sofi cut off, now grabbing on to her arms, "Please, just do this for me. It's not even just about Jason or my friends, you haven't been around for awhile now, I want to spend time with you too. Let's just have some fun for one weekend and you can go back to being all about your case and your lover slash murderer."

Camila bit her lip in thought, she could tell just by Sofi's voice that there was a lot of truth to what she was saying. Sofi felt neglected by her, and not only that but she seemed to be bitter that Camila failed to tell her about Lauren and instead trusted her clueless boyfriend with her dirty work. Even when Camila explained that she trusted him because he was so clueless, Sofi still felt like Camila should've atleast told her about what was going on. The two of them have always had an open, caring relationship but it isn't in the best state right now, which leaves Camila feeling guilty. She needs to fix that. She can't just let the holes in their relationship get bigger or she could lose the strong bond she's always had with her sister. "Okay, I'll go with you," Camila reluctantly replies, but she knows it's probably the right decision. She could have Lauren wait just two more days, right? She'll just go to trial on Monday and talk to Lauren about everything after.

After her and Sofi ate breakfast, Sofi excitedly ran to pack her overnight bag while Camila decided it's best to give Dinah a call before she leaves. "Hey," Camila greets when Dinah answers the phone.

"Hey Mila, I didn't get a chance to go see Lauren yet. I have a meeting today with someone so I'm gonna try to get to it later," Dinah explained as she made her way through the busy diner.

Camila's interest immediately peaked at the mention of her meeting, she can't help but feel like Dinah is holding back information from her. She's not quick to assume that though, she knows Dinah probably is working very hard on the case and doesn't want to overwhelm Camila with anything just yet. Knowing how Dinah is, how right now she is in the zone and wants to do everything by herself, Camila is sure she won't get any information on what she's got until Dinah is positive that she's got something worthy of presenting her with. "It's fine, I'm not really calling about that actually. I mean if you do end up seeing Lauren definitely give me an update, but I have to go on an overnight trip with my sister for the weekend so anything with Lauren and the case is gonna have to wait until Monday anyway," Camila explained in a somewhat upset tone. She wanted to get back into the case, to see Lauren again, and to be beside Dinah as she uncovers the things they should've discovered a while ago. "How's the case going?" Camila asked, eventhough she knew the type of answer she'd probably get.

"It's going pretty well, I think I'm onto something big Mila. But I'll catch you up Monday, okay? I want you to enjoy your mini vacation, before you have to come into this mess."

Camila rolled her eyes, Dinah was getting almost too predictable. She could try to push some information out of her but Camila knew that would take her being annoyingly persistent to the point that Dinah is fed up and caves, which would take a little too long seeing as she was suppose to be packing already. "Alright," Camila replied, her tone laced with disappointment. Just two more days, she told herself, two more days and she'll be back to Lauren and this trial again.