Day 21

It's been three weeks.

I thought of something.

Just like that you made me feel like the most special person in the world. You gave me something I wasn't expecting to feel. I began to feel like I deserved it. I should've know that just like that... you could take it all away. You could wipe away all the work like it was nothing and had never been there in the first place.

Love is a tricky thing. We walk in hoping not to get Heartbroken and smashed into a million pieces. We wonder why some find it before us. We wonder if it'll ever happen to us.

I wonder how someone can be okay with taking your heart and running it through hot water till it stings and burns to feel anything.

You made me wonder what I did to deserve it but I didn't do anything.

It's okay you don't see how much love I can give because other people do and they're already reaching out.

And just like that: when one door closes, another opens.

Your heart isn't broken forever. Self-love mends it.

Your spirit doesn't break. It darkens but soon you find how to soak in the sun again.

I guess I should finally erase all our screenshots. Maybe you meant it at the time but you broke every promise.

...And I've let it go.