Dom

I ditch my last class and go to the gym; I have a fight today and I want to get some training in so I can be ready. I get to the gym, change into shorts and take my shirt off. I start off with jogging around the gym. It's a nice size gym so I run around it five times then I stretch so I won't pull any muscles while training. I go to the punching bag and start punching it. I hop on my toes from left to right to get a rhythm going. I do a left-right kick combo, then move around the bag as if it is a person and repeat the formation until I am satisfied with my warm up.

David is at the gym today too. David is the guy that I usually spar with when I'm training so I ask him if he wants to have a run in the ring and he accepts. He put his headgear on while I put my gloves on. We start sparing and I do my left-right kick combo. He goes to kick me but I block it and keep a hold on his leg as I go for a take-down. I get mount right away and I sit up to pound him. He tries to turn us over so he is on top but I grab his arm and get side control so I move to transition into the armbar and I extend his arm laying on my back keeping my legs over his head to keep him down. Once he realizes that he isn't getting out of it, he taps out and I let go of his arm. We get up, shake hands and he tells me good job and good luck for my fight tonight.

Later in the evening I am sitting in the locker room waiting for my fight to begin and I can hear the crowd from outside yelling and chanting. My coach is talking to me, pumping me up for the fight, helps me put my gloves on and taps my wrists. I have my black robe on that says "KILLER" in red letters. I stand 6'3" and I weigh 175 pounds and I am fighting a guy named Anthony"Showtime" Pettis and he is 6'2" and weighs 175 pounds. His record is 12-2, when mine is 10-0. I haven't lost a fight yet and I never plan to but we will just have to see how this plays out.

I can hear the spokesman talking so I walk a little further out to see what is happening outside.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the main event", the spokesman tells the crowd and the people yell and clap as he walks around the cage, "Today's main event, they will be going head to head for 3, 5 minute rounds. Now! the moment you all have been waiting for; Fighting out of the red corner weighing at 175 pounds Dominic "Killer" Hernandez"

The crowd goes wild clapping and yelling as I walk out the locker room and down the lane leading to the cage. I start giving high fives to the fans around the lane as I go past them. Finally getting to the cage, I take off my robe and start running around the cage to warm up and then go to stand at my corner, jumping from foot to foot getting pumped up.

The spokesman continues, "Now fighting out of the blue corner, weighing at 175 pounds Anthony "Showtime" Petties", once again the crowed goes crazy clapping and yelling out his name as he walks out the locker room down the lane to the cage. He, as well, high fives the fans around the lane and gets to the cage and runs around, just like I did, and then goes to stand in his corner warming up a little bit.

The spokesman leaves the cage and the referee comes forward. He motions for us to come closer and starts talking "Okay, fighters you know the rules, we went over them earlier. I expect you to fight according to those rules. I, also, understand we are not touching gloves. I need you to go back to your corners but when I leave you guys are going to be getting it on. Understood", he asks us and we nod.

"Are you ready", he asks me and I nod my head.

"Are you ready", He asks Anthony and he nods his head too.

"Let's fight", the referee yells and we start moving in on each other.

Jace

The boys and I are at Dom's fight. We have front row seats, perks of being friends with the fighter I guess. Anyways, as soon as the ref says fight they move in on each other and that Anthony guy throws the first punch but Dom blocks it and comes around with a right hook and hits his jaw, he goes back a few steps but that doesn't stop Dom. Dom then throws a left punch and hits his nose. Before Dom can throw another punch Anthony throws a right punch and hits Dom on the side of his face and Dom's head wipes to the side, that's going to leave a mark, but Dom comes back fast and moves out of the way.