Niykee

To say I am shocked will be the understatement of the century. I watch this guy, the one standing in front of us, just kill the men my dad sent for me. He is claiming to be my mom's brother, my uncle. I never knew my mom had a brother or that any of her family was still alive, she never talked about them. I am starting to feel dizzy from all this thinking so I lean on Dom who wraps his arms around me in a protective manner.

I call my brother and tell him everything that just happened. It didn't go unnoticed by me that he is talking in another language, Italian I think. The guys that came with him are taking the dead bodies away and the one guy that is left alive stands to the side while we wait for my brother and his guys to show up. When I hear a car pull up, I lift my head from Dom's chest to see my brother and the boys. As soon as the car is stopped my brother rushes to me. I pull away from Dom and go straight into Derek's arms. He grabs my face and looks me over for any type of injury and then back to my eyes.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt", he rushes out and I shake my head 'no'

"I'm fine. We're fine thanks to this guy", I say pointing to my mom's 'brother'.

Derek turns his head to look at him, "And you are", he asks him moving to block me from him and the guys do the same to protect everyone else.

"My name is Angelo, your mom's brother and your uncle", he says looking calm as ever. He's not even fazed by the guns my brother and the guys have with them.

"Our mom didn't have any family. I don't trust you", Derek hisses out.

"Now, boy, don't get smart with me. I know my family when I see them and if I was going to hurt Niykee I would have done it already. I never hurt family like your worthless father", he says glaring at Derek, "Let's get inside doors and away from prying ears", he then adds.

He does have the same eyes as my mother and he did save our lives. If he worked for my father he would have already try to take me or kill me, right?

I reach for Derek's hand and take it in mine, "I think we should hear him out. He did save us and if he did work for dad he would have taken us or me by now instead of letting me call you", I state calmly. Derek studies my face for a few minutes. He still looks unsure but agrees never the less.

He turns around to look at Angelo, "Where are the guys that tried to take Niykee and her friends", he asks.

"Dead! My men and I took them out but kept one alive for questioning in which you don't need to now just yet. I, too, have business with your father and seeing how you are acting now you might kill him before I get the chance to talk to him", he says looking to his left as his men come back.

"Boss, Blake e Jess ha preso i morti e Aiden ha preso l'altra. Abbiamo anche trovato un telefono su di lui potrebbe avere alcune utili informazioni", (Boss, Blake and Jess took the dead and Aiden took the other one. We also found a phone on him, might have some good information) one of the guys hands him a phone.

"Buono, buono qualcuno sta per chiamare per chiedere se il lavoro è fatto. Lascia monitorare il telefono vedere ciò che otteniamo." (Good, good someone is going to call to ask if the job is done. Let's track the phone to see what we get.)

"You know, we are still here", Mac snaps at them. Angelo turns around to look at us and nods.

"Apologies. We will go over what I said when we get in doors", he states while putting the phone, that he was given, in his pocket, "Shall we", he asks.

My brother nods at him, "Kids, get in the car and head to the house. Mac will be going with you", Derek commands turning to face us. He looks me straight in the eyes, "When we get home go straight to 'our play room' and wait until I or one of the boys comes and gets you", he ads and I nod.