Niykee

I am flipping through the channels looking for something good to watch. I'm not going to lie it's fucking boring just sitting in a bed all day. The stupid heart monitor keeps beeping and is driving me crazy. I decid to watch 'Spongebob'. Yeah, I know what you're thinking that I'm too old for cartoons but you can never be too old to watch 'Spongebob'.

Mark and Jose will pop their head in here to make sure that I am okay but nothing else. I asked them where Derek was and they told me that he was talking with the other guys to come up with a protection plan for me. I try not to think about it too much. I want to focus on getting better and moving on with my life but, sometimes, I wonder where my dad is. I still have trouble sleeping and there are times where Mark or Jose have to lightly shake me to wake me up because I am screaming in my sleep. The nightmares just keep coming every night and they are only getting worse.

There is a light knock on the door snapping me out of my thoughts. I turn to see who is at the door and gasp. Nick walks in carrying cupcakes. I look behind him and there is Jace holding balloons and what looks like a card. My eyes move to the third person walking in my room, Chris. He comes in carrying a big teddy bear. A smile brakes on my face from the image of these big manly men holding cupcakes, balloons and a big teddy bear. What mostly surprises me though is the fourth person that walks in the hospital room holding a big bouquet of purple roses and blue orchids. Dominic looks at me with a big smile and I feel butterflies in my stomach. While I am looking at them my vision starts getting blurry from the tears but I hold them back.

"How are you feeling today", Nick beames putting the cupcakes down in front of me.

I clear my throat and look up, "You shouldn't have", I say looking at everything again. I can't believe they did this for me.

Chris puts the big teddy bear on the sofa and smiles up to me, "Do you know how funny we looked with that tied to the roof of the car", he asks me and I start laughing. I picture them driving down the road with the bear on the roof of the car and I start laughing again.

"I bet you feel very manly at the moment", I giggle at the end and the boys playfully glare at me but then smile making me smile bigger.

Jace hands me the card and the balloons that he is holding. I hold the card and it has a little bear holding flowers saying 'Get Well' on the cover. I open the card and laugh at their little comments. As I am reading the card someone puts the flowers in front of me. I look at the flowers and then I feel the bed dip. I follow the arm to meet Dominic's eyes locked on mine. His eyes are shinning with happiness and I smile at him taking the flowers from his hand and smelling them. They smell really sweet and fresh. I close my eyes for a minute to get the sweet smell memorized and then open my eyes and look back at Dominic.

"Thank you. The flowers are really pretty but I don't have anywhere to put them", I say feeling a little sad. Dominic looks embarrassed.

"I didn't think of that", he chuckles a little bit while rubbing the back of his head but I smile at him either way.

"I still love them, though. The colors stand out", I smell them again, "And they smell so sweet", I look into Dominic's eyes again and smile. He returns the smile with a breathtaking smile that makes his eyes glisten in the light.

"We'll go find something to put the flowers in", I looked at Jace as he and the boys are making their way out the door.

I nod my head to say that it's alright for them to leave. When they do leave, I feel so nervous to be alone with Dominic in the room. I put my attention on the flowers in front of me. I am taking in the color of the flowers when I notice Dominic looking at me. I feel his hands move to the flowers and I looke up at him. He smiles back taking the flowers from me and sets them down on the side of the table. He reaches for the cupcakes that I forgot are there.