Niykee

We are currently sitting in Derek's office not saying anything and I am stareing Angelo. He looks so much like my mom. His aura screams power and that scares me. Men like him only do one thing and that's hurt people so I'm not sure if I trust him just yet. He needs to earn my trust before I can honestly say that he won't hurt me later.

"So what Angelo was saying about being mom's brother is true", Derek breaks the silence. I look away from Angelo and at Derek.

Derek pushes a picture over to me and I pick it up. I spot mom straight away on the picture. She is standing next to Angelo behind a sitting much older looking Angelo and a lady who looks just like my mom and me. I look back to the older looking man and he looks so serious as does Angelo but my mom and the lady have smiles. I feel my heart tug looking at my mom smiling and happy. I miss her so much.

"You okay", I hear Derek ask. I nod handing the picture to Angelo.

He smiles and shakes his head, "Keep it. I have another one", I nod placing the picture on my lap.

"You look so much like Amy. It's like looking at a ghost", he gives me a sad smile, "How are you feeling", he asks next, "I mean about what happened earlier. It's not every day you see men get shot", he explains.

I nod in understanding, "It was bugging me at first but then Dom said I need to stop worrying about the past and relax. To let Derek deal with everything", I laugh when Derek gives me a pointed look and I shrug, "But he's right, I'm tired of looking over my shoulder waiting for him to come. I want my old life back. I know I can't get all of it back but I can sure as hell try", I say determined.

They nod, "So you're taking up dancing again, then", Derek asks. I give him a small smile and nod, "Good, because your most defiantly not going to be a couch potato", he jokes while I shake my head at him.

I look at Angelo, "So what do you do? I mean, you guys came out of nowhere and took the guys out like nothing", I question.

He nods looking deep in thought, "No, it's not the time to tell you everything but just know that now that I know you are family no one will hurt you again. I can make sure of that", he says and I frown. How can he do that?

"Don't you live in Italy or somewhere around there", I voice out.

He nods, "Let's just say I have connections around the world and I can have men doing things for me in just a press of a button", I feel my stomach turn a bit. What does that mean?

He must have seen my face because he adds, "But trust me when I say this 'I don't hurt family no matter how much they did me wrong'. Family is a big deal for me and I will kill for family if I need to. As you already saw there is no need to fear me. It is they who need to fear me", he says firmly.

I look at Derek and I can tell he trusts him and that makes me feel better. I can try to trust him as well but only time will tell, "Trust is big with me. I trusted my father to care for me after mom died but he didn't. I trusted my friends to be there to help me through the pain but they turned their backs just like everyone else did", I state taking a big breath in and letting it out slowly to control my emotions, "I only trust my brother, his men and my friends who are here now", I look at Angelo, "I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful but it's hard to trust in a time like this. So you have to show me that I can trust you, that you won't turn your back on me because if you're not here to stay in my life for the long run then there is the door no one is stopping you", I point at the door.

I stand up and walk out of the room. I don't want to hear his reply but I did it mainly because in a way I just told him 'fuck you'. Just as I am about to close the door, I hear Angelo chuckle lightly and say, "She's a little spit fire just like her mom", I smile a little at his comment. I'm glad I look more like my mom than my dad.