Chapter 4

.:Author's Note:.

Romero Montego at the top

***

Winston's POV:

"What do you mean you're sick?!" I questioned incredulously, panicking and upset at the same time. Listening over the phone as Anastacia gave a cough that just sounded painful to release, I winced.

"I mean exactly what I said." Anastacia croaked. "I can't be present at Romero Montego's meeting. I'll literally just get everything covered in my ickiness."

"That's great!" I muttered sarcastically, rolling my eyes as I tugged at my hair. Luckily, it was only eight o'clock, which gave me two hours to curse the world over Anastacia suddenly falling ill.

"I'm really sorry, Winston." She struggled to speak. I sighed in slight annoyance before regaining a calm composure.

"It's fine. Feel better. I've got to get ready." I responded before ending the call. I threw my phone onto the bed, which Snowflake was currently lying on. She pawed at my phone in curiosity, which sort of caused my annoyance to subside, before resuming her time with her wooden chew toy. "Looks like my day is off to a bad start, Snow."

She ignored me. I laughed while adjusting my tie in the mirror. After, I fixed my hair and put on some cologne. Then I grabbed my jacket, keys, and wallet, and left my bedroom. Snowflake hopped off the bed and followed me out. She scurried past me speedily, skidding to a halt at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Don't worry, you little furball." I chuckled. "I would never leave without feeding you."

***

"Good morning! Welcome to Montego's Fashion Industry. How may I assist you?" The cheerful lady at the front desk greeted me as I walked into Mr. Montego's office building. Her smile was very infectious, so I couldn't help it when I found myself grinning slightly.

"Good morning." I replied as I got closer to her desk. "I'm here for Mr. Montego's new advertising competition."

"No problem. Can I get your name please?"

"Winston Monroe."

The woman, or Margret as her name card displayed, typed at her computer for a few seconds. Her manicured fingers stabbed each key and created a loud clanking noise in the surprisingly quiet lobby. Once she was done typing away, she printed out a small paper and handed it to me.

"This is your guest pass, Mr. Monroe. Just show it to security whenever they ask. Mr. Montego tries to keep his office building as secure as possible." Margret explained.

"Thank you." I responded, folding the paper neatly and placing it in my briefcase.

"It was no problem at all. Now, in order to get to the conference room for your meeting, you need to go down the hall behind this desk and take any elevator to the top floor."

"Seems easy enough." I joked, making Margret giggle.

"It is, but you'd be surprised by the number of people who tend to get lost in this building."

"I have no doubt. I must get going now. Enjoy the rest of your day, Margret."

"You as well, Mr. Monroe."

I gave a nod before following the directions Margret had given me. As I walked down the corridor, the ding of the elevator sounded in my ear, causing me to hurry. I didn't want to have to wait for the next one, so I pushed my legs to go faster until the elevators came in sight.

"Hey! Can you hold the elevator for me please?" I gave a slight shout to a man who was by the opening elevator doors. He glanced back at me before getting into the compartment and pressing a button. I thought he was just going to ignore my plea, but when the doors didn't close, I realized that he was holding the door open button.